Author Topic: Can't submit virus sample from Virus Chest  (Read 2713 times)

REDACTED

Can't submit virus sample from Virus Chest
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
I have been trying to submit a sample from the virus chest for a few weeks. At first, I would right-click, select submit to virus lab and the 'Type' section was greyed out and on 'False Positive'- I couldn't click and change it, but the submit option was available.

I forgot about it and just tried again and now it opens up the same greyed out form, but also an 'Infection blocked' thing pops up, blocking the avast virus chest /private/tmp/randomfilename.unp file. Now the 'Send' button is greyed out as well. This happens with the two files I am most concerned about. The others don't generate an alert, the 'Submit' is available, but  still the 'Type' is greyed out with only 'False Positive' available.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas what is going on? Is Avast itself somehow infected?

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Can't submit virus sample from Virus Chest
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 03:09:23 PM »
There is a bug in the current version that really prevents you from sending the submit if you have the Fileshield enabled.
It will be fixed in the next program update, until then, you may temporarly disable the Fileshield when sending the submit.

REDACTED

Re: Can't submit virus sample from Virus Chest
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have since re-installed everything and didn't save the virus chest. Hopefully having Avast installed from the start, I won't have any samples to submit :)