Author Topic: GrimeFighter reboot time  (Read 3138 times)

REDACTED

GrimeFighter reboot time
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:07:40 PM »
Hey, I just purchased and successfully installed GrimeFighter today after having avast anti virus for about 2 years. I thought it would be a good way to maintain my PC, but it doesn't seem to reboot properly when I click "Optimize my PC". All that happens is I sit on a black screen with nothing happening. I'm running Windows 7 with a 3.5GHz intel processor and I connect to the internet via ethernet. Any other forums I've seen don't really have any solutions to the problem, just people saying they got refunds.

I'm just curious what the average time for this first clean up is? I've let my computer sit on that black screen for 90 minutes before giving up. For reference there were 16 apps 11 system settings and 1.1 GB of space.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: GrimeFighter reboot time
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »
The Run time will vary obviously, I've read that process can take '2 hours plus' with the latest version.
I don't use the tool but from all I've read, I think I might be tempted to leave it longer if you're not using the PC. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »
I ran it for 13 hours over night while I slept and was out for the morning. Still just a black screen. Guess I'll be another refund then =\

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »
Hi linkmaster,

A black screen is definitely not what you should see after reboot.  I suggest you open a ticket with support and ask for a refund.  About the cause, it's difficult to say without seeing a log file but usually the black screen can mean an incompatibility with the hardware configuration on your machine.

Best regards,

Davidek

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:35 PM »
@ linkmaster

Snip> "I suggest you open a ticket with support and ask for a refund".

Use this link: https://support.avast.com/  :)