Author Topic: GrimeFighter - do not have an active subscription  (Read 6904 times)

REDACTED

GrimeFighter - do not have an active subscription
« on: March 13, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
I have a PAID subscription to GrimeFighter. When checking the license, it says I have a valid subscription. But when running GrimeFighter, it says "Looks like you don't have a valid subscription." When I called tech service he said it looks like it should work. I told him that I know that, that's why I was calling tech service. He then tells me it is something I would have to PAY for in order to get fixed! Now I have something that I paid for that doesn't work, and no way to fix it unless I pay more! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Avast and GrimeFighter, but have the same problem. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter - do not have an active subscription
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 02:59:54 AM »
i have this same problem. but mine is i paid for avast premium and m not sure if grimefighter is a seperate thing.i bought premium mainly cause of grimefighter

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 03:25:47 AM »
The lack of Technical support for this tool must be frustrating after having paid money. ???

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 10:18:35 PM »
I have something similar.  I had GrimeFighter on my Internet Security 2015, but I was having a problem with my Internet Security license not showing in my account and the support person told me to reinstall Internet Security and reenter the license.  When I did, it did not reload GrimeFighter, and it doesn't show in my account.  After much work, it was discovered that my order had gone under my mother's account, which made no sense, since I wouldn't have used her account to download software to my machine.  Anyway, the tech said he could combine the two accounts.  I told him to do so.  He says he did, but when I check my licenses, I have none still.  The Internet Security 2015 says it's licensed on my laptop, but not in my account.  So, now I don't have Grime Fighter anywhere.  I was also told that he had upped my IS 2015 license to cover 3 machines, but again, since I have no licenses in my account, I have no license files to download onto my mom's machine or my PC.  I've been working on this for over a month, and it all started because mom's machine had slowed almost to a stop.  I was also told by the tech that I would have to pay to have my computer cleaned by a professional.  That's what GrimeFighter and the Antivirus software is supposed to do!

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »
Hello Rob76 and Kathy29,

I am checking with our licensing and account team why you are experiencing this issue.  Is the email address you used to register with the forum the same you used to purchase?  If not, please send me that email address separately (do not post here)

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »
I am having the same problem. I purchased a license and it says I have an active license but when I run it it says I don't have a license. I have sent a trouble ticket several days ago and get no response. I believe I will begin uninstalling avast and chalk up the lost $20 to lesson learned. When I asked to have the license resent, here is the response: Dear customer,

we are sorry, but our records show no valid purchases with the e-mail address you specified.

Please make sure the information you supplied is correct, and the original purchase was carried out using this email address.

If you purchased your license from an Avast reseller please contact the reseller directly (http://www.avast.com/locate-dealer).

Best regards,

the Avast team

TRULY PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:19:10 PM by ozstock »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »
Hello ozstock,

Please forgive the question but is the email address you provided the same one used to purchase the product?  If you bought it through a reseller is it possible they used a different email?  That is perhaps why we don't see it in our database.

Thanks,

Davidek

Offline Sauntevia

• Sauntevia
  • "First, I need to ask you 3 questions...."
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 04:31:00 AM »
i have this same problem. but mine is i paid for avast premium and m not sure if grimefighter is a seperate thing.i bought premium mainly cause of grimefighter
I'm having a similar issue. I have a paid subscription for Internet Security 2015 and with the latest update it shows that I should have access to GrimeFighter. However, when I go to actually use GrimeFighter I get a message saying there's no license for GrimeFighter assigned to my account. I was under the impression that it would be included in Internet Security 2015 as it had been included in prior versions. If I can get it in the free version, it better be available in the paid subscription or else I'm going to be very angry.

Yes, this is the same email account I purchased the product with & I made the purchase directly through the avast.com website.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:22 AM »
I'm having the same problem.  When I log into my account on the avast website it even says that I have grimefighter valid for 3 computers and yet there is no activation key, was never emailed a key, and when I click to resend it I get an email telling me I have no licenses.

Also, this is the same account that I purchased it under and I purchased directly through the avast program.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »
I have sort of a similar problem. I bought GrimeFighter having been a satisfied customer of Avast ProAntivirus for around a year.

As far as I can tell, I have installed Grimefighter correctly, and I am shown as having a valid licence.

Yet GrimeFighter does not run on reboot, and I have tried everything I can think of, plus being in contact with Arina at Avast support.

I had a very unsatisfactory experience with Avast phone support which I will share with you if I don;t get this resolved.

Whatever the answer, it shouldn't be so complicated to fix!

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 08:40:53 PM »
Its not very cool in my opinion to have grimefighter run by default in smartscan when you dont even have grimefighter. Just to click resolve all issues and bring up a page telling you to buy grimfighter. Its very malware like and should not run this way.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 10:56:24 PM »
I am having the same problem as all these other people I got the free one put in my Cc info and it says I have no valid license when I called support they were very rude and told me that I would have to pay 149.99 to get this issue fixed and I can't get I to windows all my computer does when I reboot is run grimefighter all over again this is not what I wanted somebody please help and for the support guys on here I AM  using the right pass and email