Author Topic: Wrong Email on my Avast acct  (Read 2537 times)

REDACTED

Wrong Email on my Avast acct
« on: March 14, 2015, 08:25:59 PM »
Hi folks, My anti-virus shows the wrong email on the acct info. It reads foletdoug90@gmail.com    IT should read foleydoug90@gmail.com.  This is an error that happens sometimes when I try to type faster and do not check my spelling. I tried to correct this error and have it read the right way. I get no notifications, and to be honest I don't know what I'm doing in regards to settings. I installed win8.1 from win8 because the "tech"at my ISP said that was what I needed to do to get the right wi-fi to work, and not be connected to a wi-fi router that I don't have. I am very frustrated about this. I thought I had the correct email fixed in avast.  SO,,I still can't connect to the propper router and my Avast does not reflect the correct E-mail. I will quit using the computer if I do not get a reply from you in foleydoug90@gmail.com    I may be paranoid, but I am not doing anything illeagal. Please help me.
Signed,
foleydoug90@gmail.com  NOT  foletdoug90@gmail.com

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Wrong Email on my Avast acct
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
Whatever the problem - displaying your email address on a publicly available forum - could get you a lot of spam.

First of all obfuscate, delete it or use a screenshot image (see image attachment) for your email address otherwise it could get harvested by a spambot. You can download that image and use that.

If your email address is incorrect for the my.avast@com account ?
Then the email address for this forum would surely incorrect, in your forum profile the email appears to be correct ?

You should be able to enter your my.avast.com account (using your browser) on the top right where your email is, click that and from the dropdown, select Manage Emails and select Add a new email address. You should get an email validation email sent out to confirm you have access to that email account. Once you have done that you should be able to Set' that as the default, that would also change your forum email address.

Note some people have reported that the confirmation/validation that they received was blank, no URL link to confirm.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security