Author Topic: Newest Member (#1619)  (Read 15116 times)

zomi

Newest Member (#1619)
« on: November 07, 2003, 07:35:40 PM »
NEWEST  MEMBER

I am the newest member (#1619) today. I hope I will get a lot of helpful info here.

Sincerely,

zomi

L4leather

Re:Hello Newest Member (#1619)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 09:48:42 PM »
Welcome, newest member :)

The guys in here certainly helped me out, and we had some laughs too, I am sure you will find the same.

Yours
L4leather

1619 has a certain ring to it don't you think, .... maybe I should change my name  :P

techie101

Re:Newest Member (#1619)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 07:31:34 AM »
zomi,
Welcome to the Avast Forum.  Hopefully you will not have any problems with Avast, but they do creep up now and then.
We are all here to help, so ask any questions you want.

The forum also entertains questions on virus software, firewalls, viruii and such topics.

Just try to start you post in the correct section.

Good Luck
Techie101

zomi

Re: Hello Newest Member (#1619)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 11:13:51 PM »

Dear L4Leather,

Thank you for the warm  welcome. You make me feel at home here.

zomi

zomi

Re: Newest Member (#1619)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 11:18:32 PM »
Dear Techie101,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will read a little more in the forum and on the website, and then ask my questions.

zomi

L4leather

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 01:00:34 PM »
You're welcome

L4leather

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 11:05:07 PM »
NEWEST  MEMBER

I am the newest member (#1619) today. I hope I will get a lot of helpful info here.

Sincerely,

zomi

Hi zomi. This is our beloved avast! forum  ;D
Which version of avast! are you using? Is everything ok with your system? Do you need a specific help? Just a suggestion, if you need something (applications/other stuffs) take a look here, this is my favorite link  ;D
The best things in life are free.

zomi

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 11:58:24 PM »
NEWEST  MEMBER

Sincerely,

zomi

Hi zomi. This is our beloved avast! forum  ;D
Which version of avast! are you using? Is everything ok with your system? Do you need a specific help? Just a suggestion, if you need something (applications/other stuffs) take a look here, this is my favorite link  ;D

Dear Technical,

Thank you very much for your reply and offer.

This morning, I had a problem, finally!:)

I use Avast!4 Home.

Avast! caught of a lot of W32.swen in a lot of junk email supposedly from Microsoft Corporation. In the process, I think I did something wrong. I could not open my Outlook Express (v5.5) again. So I have been looking for info on how to open my Outlook Express.

I am on another computer right now, because my computer lost color (and sound) when my zealous friend installed a network card  on my computer so that I could share  his Cable connection from Charter Communications, and so, on my computer, I cannot properly see what is on the web. It is still quite good for reading email, though.

I will let you know later what exact on-screen message I got about OE.

Thanks for everything.

Sincerely,

zomi

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 02:10:24 AM »
I use Avast!4 Home. Avast! caught of a lot of W32.swen in a lot of junk email supposedly from Microsoft Corporation. In the process, I think I did something wrong. I could not open my Outlook Express (v5.5) again. So I have been looking for info on how to open my Outlook Express.

Remember that Microsoft does not send any email with updates or patches to the users. They all are virus or false alarms...  8)

I am on another computer right now, because my computer lost color (and sound) when my zealous friend installed a network card  on my computer so that I could share  his Cable connection from Charter Communications, and so, on my computer, I cannot properly see what is on the web. It is still quite good for reading email, though.

I'm not quite good in hardware troubles...  :'(

In the process, I think I did something wrong. I could not open my Outlook Express (v5.5) again. So I have been looking for info on how to open my Outlook Express.

First of all, try to get rid from virus. Is your avast installation ok? Could you run a full scan (throughout: all files, all virus, etc.)?

zomi

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 02:57:38 AM »
Remember that Microsoft does not send any email with updates or patches to the users. They all are virus or false alarms...  8)

I know. They were from (real or forged) email addresses from  Russia, Germany, Finalnd, Australia, USA, etc.

I'm not quite good in hardware troubles...  :'(

That's OK. I mentioned my hardware problem just to let you know why I was not on my own computer, and why I could not give you the on-screen message I got!:)

First of all, try to get rid from virus. Is your avast installation ok? Could you run a full scan (throughout: all files, all virus, etc.)?

Yes, I did a thorough scan.

I shut down my computer, ate some food, and restarted my computer.

The message I got when I tried to open Outlook Express:

Outlook Express
Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to create the Internet Account Manager. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x800CCD01)
[OK]

When I clicked OK, I got the following message:

Outlook Express
Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initiated. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly.
[OK]

This happened because,  in my endeavor to delete those viruses,  I accidentally or mistakenly deleted or moved the mailbox of one of my email accounts, I think.

Sincerely,

zomi
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 03:10:30 AM by zomi »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 03:02:27 AM »

Outlook Express
Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initiated. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly.

This happened because I accidentally or mistakenly deleted or moved the mailbox of one of my email accounts, I think.

Sincerely,

zomi

This should not happen! If you delete your mailbox (even InBox) the OE will regenerate a empty file... I did it a lot of times when I do not want to delete each mail and just get rid from all of them.

Did you update your OS by Windows Update site?
There are some patches for OE and 'maybe' (with Microsoft we will never know...  ;D) they correct the error...  ;)

shgoh

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 06:55:30 PM »
NEWEST  MEMBER

Sincerely,

zomi

yes...welcome to enjoy the best av!!! ;D

zomi

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 12:36:28 AM »
NEWEST  MEMBER

Sincerely,

zomi

yes...welcome to enjoy the best av!!! ;D

Dear shgoh,

Thank you for the welcome.  Yes, I really like Avast4, at least so far. I am still learning.

zomi

CoJo

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 04:14:30 AM »
welcome, zomi!
you will not find a better group of people anywhere!
they have been helping me so much get my computer cleaned up and Avast! installed correctly ( I used to have Norton--shudder!--and it has given me some problems..

again, welcome!

CoJo
another newbie

shgoh

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2003, 04:20:45 AM »
newbie??.. ;D ;D

are you into gunbound??.. :P