Author Topic: Newest Member (#1619)  (Read 15112 times)

CoJo

Re:Newest Member (#1619)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2003, 04:14:58 PM »
ok, I'll bite...what is gunbound??

8)
CoJo

shgoh

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2003, 09:25:29 AM »
gunbound is an online game...check out www.gunbound.net

thought u r a gunbounder too... :P

CoJo

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2003, 02:32:14 PM »
that looks like fun!!
"Course, I'm used to taking care of the wounded...but I don't think they have that in games ;D
I am going to check it out...

coJo

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2003, 02:07:57 AM »
command and conquer is great too
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 09:58:43 AM »
zomi,

Welcome to the forum.

The first step you should take is to ensure that Swen has been erradicated from your system.  You can use the avast! Virus Cleaner found at this link: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_171.html.  Here you will find background information on removing viruses and worms, a description of the cleaner and how it works, a list of malware that the cleaner can handle (Swen is listed), plus a link to download to the program.

The second step is to apply the critical updates for Internet Explorer to correct the IFRAME and MIME vulnerablities exploited by Swen, among others.  While you're at it, consider using Windows Update to apply all the current critical updates, notwithstanding the warnings about problems for certain users that have.  You can search this and other forums for "Windows updates" or "critical updates" for more comments on this course of action.

For your problem with Outlook Express, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 310894 (Error 0x800ccd01 Occurs When You Start Outlook Express) at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310894&Product=oex

Regards,
Hornus