Author Topic: "Show results" button does nothing  (Read 6305 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: "Show results" button does nothing
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »
It also depends upon the scan settings you are using. Try running a scan using default settings.
If a user scans everything one could get these messages. For most newbies default settings are fine.

If a user so desires they can create a "report" shortcut on their desk top.
Here are some step by step instructions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntW8zGicUfk
Be sure you have "generate report" enabled in your settings.

Personally this has been very handy to use. It will show why a specific file cannot be scanned including the file path.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline twoshoes2

Re: "Show results" button does nothing
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 09:59:20 PM »
My scheduled scan is the supplied full system scan of which 90+% is default with the only things changed are instead of all harddrives to just the system drive and in the actions I have Fix automatically and on the fails I have Move to Chest.  As I mentioned in one of my posts where I did have a valid "some files cannot be scanned" it was because the files were password protected.  I have not generated the report file.