Author Topic: number of licenses avaliable and protected devices  (Read 1551 times)

REDACTED

number of licenses avaliable and protected devices
« on: March 16, 2015, 06:19:23 PM »
Hi all, I'm a newbie.
I have just bought a 3pc Internet Security license, and I have two question.
1st:
I'm pretty sure I have used a license on my pc and I can see in the program window that's valid for a year, but in my online account I see still 3 licenses left, is that just not up to date?
2nd:
In my online account and in the program window I see two devices, but it's my pc twice, one with internet security active and one with free antivirus not active. What does that mean? Not up to date again?
Sorry for not perfect english.
Thanks for the support, Andrea.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: number of licenses avaliable and protected devices
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »
1) It takes a little while for your my(dot)avast(dot)com to catch up.

2) Each install has it's own "device". In other words, you can install then uninstall the free version multiple times with each install
    having it's device even though it's on the same machine.

What matters is how many paid active licenses you have installed. Once you have maxed out on paid licenses and you want to
use the license on a different device you must uninstall a current one before moving the license to another device.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

Re: number of licenses avaliable and protected devices
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
I got it.
Thanks  :).