Author Topic: Can this be Battery Saver related?  (Read 4868 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Can this be Battery Saver related?
« on: March 16, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
Just had a strange story with my mothers Galaxy Tab2 10.1 3G. On Sunday morning I've installed Battery Saver to her tablet, because it proved itself on my S4. Set two profiles, including night one to turn on midnight but without any notification (Sleep 1 minute / 30 Seconds at night, Optimized ON / Internet OFF at night, WiFi preferred). And the strange thing, tablet worked fine all day but exactly at midnight it restarted itself and stuck on never ending boot loop, keeping restarting without showing any UI. So the only thing I was able to do is factory reset from recovery menu...  :'( My mom is so conservative user, she never installs any apps without me, and the only app I've installed that weekend was a Battery Saver. Coincidence?  ???

Model   GT-P5100
Model name   GALAXY Tab2 10.1
Country   Baltic
Version   Android 4.0.3
Changelist   482645
Build date   Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:54:27 +0000
Product code   SEB
PDA   P5100XWALD7
CSC   P5100OXXALD9

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: Can this be Battery Saver related?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »
Hi YLAP,

we certainly don't try to break devices, so I'd say it was a coincidence :) We don't even have root privileges to do any harm to the system. If you could try it again and see what happens, that'd be great. On some devices (like Nexus 4) there's a known bug (in the OS) that freezes wifi and the phone has to be restarted for wifi to work again, but it certainly doesn't need to be factory reset.

Thanks

Ondra

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Can this be Battery Saver related?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 05:32:15 AM »
I think in the same way as you ;) I will try to check it once more, but it will be at least after two weeks. I have some plans to update Android version on that tablet when I'll visit my hometown again, so another factory reset won't hurt anything :D