Author Topic: My mail.com email accounts fail  (Read 10467 times)

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: My mail.com email accounts fail
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 05:57:32 PM »
The settings appear under the 'Export Certificate' button in your image above.  Except, as soon as you delete the old accounts, the settings (and the message to delete them) disappears completely, as if they were never there! It's only because I checked on a second computer that I found it hadn't been just my imagination ;)

OK, thanks. In my case by clicking on the "Export Certificate" button all it does is direct me to my Windows Explorer application.  I suppose because perhaps I had taken care of all of this in my previous version presumably.  That is what your "Export Certificate" does now that you've made the changes, RIGHT? (that is directs you to your Window Explorer?
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Abigman

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »
Yep,  thanks peeps,  that seems to have solved the problem.

REDACTED

PLEASE HELP ME !! Re: My mail.com email accounts fail
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
This problem also starts to happen with me a few days ago.
Using Avast  2015.10.2.2214    OUTLOOK 2013

All my emails from a given account are blocked. Can't send ou receive.

1. If I disable avast, it immediately starts working fine
2. I read the solution posted by LEO40, but in my Settings there's no such list of accounts and there's no "SSL Settings", but "SSL Scanning"  and only a "Scan SSL Connections" check box and a export certificate button.
3. On Mail Settings, there are "Scan inbound", "Scan outbound" and "Scan Newsgroups". If I uncked ALL of them, it also works fine. (if any of three are checked, it doesn't work)
4. If I clean ALL Mail ports on Troubleshooting window, it also works fine. If any of the ports are left, it doesn't work.

It looks like a virus or malware WANTS me to disable mail scanning/shield. So weird !

Please, help me urgent.

Regards,

Carlos

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 06:49:53 PM »
Try this NEW version, it may resolve your issue.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=168189.0