Author Topic: error after the last automatic update  (Read 2214 times)

REDACTED

error after the last automatic update
« on: March 17, 2015, 09:49:42 PM »
hello I got this message after the last automatic update my license, and I'm not protected
the software does not launch, please help me quickly, thanks

message of error :

Chris

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: error after the last automatic update
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »
That seems like the install got corrupt during an update:

You need to perform a clean install:

Note: It's important you used the stub online installer from the one I linked.. NOT the offline one.

Note: You need to be ONLINE during this install (online installer works in all cases whereas offline sometimes doesn't)

1.Download your version of avast! and the avastclear tool:

Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier

Download Avast Clear Tool

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #3]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear. [Running Avastclear is normal mode will give a prompt to go into Safe Mode]
Check : Once uninstalled check in device manager>view>show hidden devices if there is anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.. if so, uninstall it and reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.

Free: If you have the Free version, register the product for free for a year from the avast! UI.
Paid: If you have a paid license, insert the license key/activation code after the reboot at stage 6.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It's better to ask than make a mistake and start over again with the process.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
ok that's good I could reinstall with my license number, thank you! ;D

Chris

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 10:19:22 PM »
ok that's good I could reinstall with my license number, thank you! ;D

Chris

You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •