Author Topic: Avast premium 2015 completely blocked after the upgrade  (Read 3321 times)

REDACTED

Avast premium 2015 completely blocked after the upgrade
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
Hi, i'll explain the big issue here. And sorry for my poor english in advance.

After i turned on my pc, Avast gave me the usual pop-up when he upgraded to a new version (or it wanted to, i don't remember). So i clicked on the only button available to close the window (i think it was called "start now") and then all the protections stopped working. So i went to the panoramic window of Avast to enable them all again with "solve everything" but nothing happened and this is weird because the first time i did the same things months ago, everything went fine. But now i can't even turn on my firewall or upgrade it again from the software.

What can i do to solve this issue?  :'(

Thank you

I'll attach the image of my antivirus status too. It's in italian but i think it'll explain well what i mean.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast premium 2015 completely blocked after the upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
This is easily fixable via a clean install. The install seems to have become corrupt.

Note: It's important you used the stub online installer from the one I linked.. NOT the offline one.

Note: You need to be ONLINE during this install (online installer works in all cases whereas offline sometimes doesn't)

1.Download your version of avast! and the avastclear tool:
Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier
Download Avast Clear Tool

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #3]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear. [Running Avastclear is normal mode will give a prompt to go into Safe Mode]
Check : Once uninstalled check in device manager>view>show hidden devices if there is anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.. if so, uninstall it and reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.

Note : If you have a paid license, insert the license key/activation code after the reboot at stage 6.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It's better to ask than make a mistake and start over again with the process.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:45:33 PM »
So at stage 3 i have to delete only the yellow triangle ones or even other things if related to avast?

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:48:27 PM »
So at stage 3 i have to delete only the yellow triangle ones or even other things if related to avast?

Up to you.

It's important to delete the ones with the yellow triangles.

The rest of the avast! drivers are up to you.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:05:41 PM »
Thank you, i'll try.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 09:27:58 PM »
Before that, since i had to erase it from my pc, i wanted to try a thing: using the repair tool i've found while i clicked on unistall in the control panel, it seems that solved the weird issue. Now it's upgraded and works perfectly as alwais so i think to leave the unistall process for when that function won't work anymore. That's why i keep those files you gently linked to me just in case. I'll come here again for other issues if they'll born.

Thank you for your quick help, i really appreciated it.  :)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:31:59 PM »
Before that, since i had to erase it from my pc, i wanted to try a thing: using the repair tool i've found while i clicked on unistall in the control panel, it seems that solved the weird issue. Now it's upgraded and works perfectly as alwais so i think to leave the unistall process for when that function won't work anymore. That's why i keep those files you gently linked to me just in case. I'll come here again for other issues if they'll born.

Thank you for your quick help, i really appreciated it.  :)

You're welcome.