Author Topic: What should I do with my useless Grimefighter license?  (Read 4576 times)

REDACTED

What should I do with my useless Grimefighter license?
« on: March 18, 2015, 07:51:33 AM »
So, I have this Grimefighter programm.
It scans and identifies problems but I see just ethernal blinking command prompt after reboot.
Furthermore, when I reinstalled avast I cant see Grimefighter anymore.
My time and money for nothing.

My system— Win 7 HE SP1; Asus U31J laptop

Offline nodlaig47

Re: What should I do with my useless Grimefighter license?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:13:51 PM »
is it a scam, as I just bought grimefighter, and was sent a 6 word password and it will not let me sign in as it asks for a 7 letter password

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 01:17:51 PM »
GrimeFighter doesn't work on all systems.
It depends on the hardware that is used.
If you have bought GrimeFighter and it is not working on your system, you can ask for a refund by submitting a ticket.
https://support.avast.com
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:47:21 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 01:45:18 PM »
Looks like Grime won't work on my system which is a shame. Takes too long to get a refund though. I'm now waiting still after 4 days.

It says received so I'm hoping someone is at least looking into it.

Honestly with this many problems I'd suggest removing Grime Fighter and fixing it before selling it to people.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 05:25:12 PM »
Looks like Grime won't work on my system which is a shame. Takes too long to get a refund though. I'm now waiting still after 4 days.

It says received so I'm hoping someone is at least looking into it.

Honestly with this many problems I'd suggest removing Grime Fighter and fixing it before selling it to people.

Hello

FYI, It can take several 'business' days for process to complete.

Snip>"Honestly with this many problems I'd suggest removing Grime Fighter and fixing it before selling it to people".

You are not the only user to state this. :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 03:42:22 PM »
I bought Grime Fighter  on the 17th of April 2015 and it doesn't work on my computer.Having looked at the messages on this forum it is obvious that this product is not compatible with a lot of other customers computers. Why is it still being sold?? I have asked for a refund today ticket no #BCZ-173-76186

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:27:03 AM »
is it a scam, as I just bought grimefighter, and was sent a 6 word password and it will not let me sign in as it asks for a 7 letter password

I have the SAME PROBLEM as to trying to sign in...avast asks for verification they do NOT provide...7 characters vs. providing 6...
Now I can not log in to get a license...AVAST does NOT have my purchase in the system...so I can NOT contact support. They don't want my ORDER REFERENCE #...or the date of purchase...they want a LICENSE number which I do not HAVE as I didn't get one that I am aware of.

How do I contact SUPPORT if you can't without a license number or whatever it is they want? I could send a copy of my MASTER CARD bill and online receipt...but who do I send it TO?

At this point I want a refund but have yet to see how to get to anyone without the info I was not given...

Pete

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »

I have the SAME PROBLEM as to trying to sign in...avast asks for verification they do NOT provide...7 characters vs. providing 6...
Now I can not log in to get a license...AVAST does NOT have my purchase in the system...so I can NOT contact support. They don't want my ORDER REFERENCE #...or the date of purchase...they want a LICENSE number which I do not HAVE as I didn't get one that I am aware of.

How do I contact SUPPORT if you can't without a license number or whatever it is they want? I could send a copy of my MASTER CARD bill and online receipt...but who do I send it TO?

At this point I want a refund but have yet to see how to get to anyone without the info I was not given...

Pete

Just use the link Eddie supplied in Reply #2
I went through it and the only thing required is your Name, Email Address and Details
You can include all proof, information you have and then wait for a Reply.