Author Topic: Restore Settings not working after 2015.10.2.2214 update  (Read 3314 times)

REDACTED

Restore Settings not working after 2015.10.2.2214 update
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:44:12 AM »
After automatic update to the latest version, I tried to restore backup settings but it did not work. Any solution for this?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:27:42 AM by oreo1684 »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: Restore Settings not working after latest update
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 05:30:46 AM »
In what way did it "not work"?

Are you getting an error?

If so what error?
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:57:59 AM »
Theres no error. It says that Avast settings have been successfully imported and that the computer needs to be restarted.

But after restart, the exclusion list from the backup settings still not restored.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »
Theres no error. It says that Avast settings have been successfully imported and that the computer needs to be restarted.

But after restart, the exclusion list from the backup settings still not restored.

Were you using an older version than v10 (i.e v9 or below) when you backed up the settings?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 03:57:11 AM »
No, its also the latest version.

I also tried to add a sample entry in the exclusion list using the latest Avast version, and make a backup. Then I tried to delete the entry I made, then restore the latest backup. It also says that restore settings were imported successfully but when I check the exclusion list, its still empty.

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 11:56:02 PM »
Hi, can you write me which exclusion list do you mean?

Thanks,
pm

Offline Duch

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
Hi all

Same problem for me. When i try to restore settings from a backup, Avast writes that the import has been successful, but exceptions from Resident Shield, or Web Shield shall not apply.
Example:
web shield exclusion - mime types - image/png
Web Shield scans all *.png files from scanned url, not accepted imported exceptions  :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:51 AM »
Hi, can you write me which exclusion list do you mean?

Thanks,
pm
Any path just like "C:\Sample\*". The Avast version is 2015.10.2.2214

It seems that there's a problem in Restore Settings in the latest Avast  version.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 02:34:53 AM »
Hi all

Same problem for me. When i try to restore settings from a backup, Avast writes that the import has been successful, but exceptions from Resident Shield, or Web Shield shall not apply.
Example:
web shield exclusion - mime types - image/png
Web Shield scans all *.png files from scanned url, not accepted imported exceptions  :-\
The problem started after auto update to version 2015.10.2.2214, the exclusion list and other settings were also deleted, even restoring the recent backup settings will not work.