Author Topic: Avoiding Linux malware  (Read 4501 times)

REDACTED

Avoiding Linux malware
« on: March 19, 2015, 01:14:49 PM »
Just recently I was letting someone use my Linux Mint PC and they accidentally went t  to malicious website :'( but fortunately 1 they where on a standard/non-admin guest account 2 I have hardware acceleration turned off in Firefox along with all plug-in set to ask every-time 3 Bluehell firewall blocked the website plus Noscript and Request Policy are installed, and apparmor is installed configured and  not to mention I cleared my temp files immediately afterwards with Bleachbit.
One note I didn't have all the kernel updates installed before this accord just the most critical security updates where applied. So after this happened to me I began to question if I had an infection or not so I brought to my local computer repair shop and they attempted to install AVG on it to scan for infections but the apparmor interfered and they weren't able to install it so they opted to scan with what I already had installed ClamTK, and they found nothing unusual. So I guess what I'm asking here is what do you think and what security options should try? I heard Firejail is pretty good, How much does Avast for Linux cost and does it support real time shields and is recommended for lower end home PCs?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avoiding Linux malware
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:16:00 AM »
For standard/regular protection, I'm not the one who could suggest as I couldn't find anything that worth...
For on demand scanning in this computer, I'll use one of the live cd with antivirus that you can find when using YUMI in a pendrive.
The best things in life are free.