Author Topic: E-mails from Avast to deceased client.  (Read 8336 times)

REDACTED

E-mails from Avast to deceased client.
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »
I am putting this here in the hope someone can help me to stop these. My wife died at the back end of last year and I cancelled her antivirus after several attempts from Avast to try and get a subscription from her closed bank account. I have advised them of this over SEVEN times but do not even get the courtesy of a reply or acknowledgement. I continue to get regular e-mails addressed to her asking her to rejoin which I find distressing. The ticket support system is a farce and is just ignored. How do you get through to these people to get this stopped? Help please!
Is there a named senior Customer Services Manager who can be contacted direct about the inept failings of their staff?
Regards
Brian Smith

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: E-mails from Avast to deceased client.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »
I've asked avast to look into it.
Someone from them should soon react to your post.
That is all I can do for you in this matter.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:02:29 PM »
Thanks. I hope that they actually take action rather than just ignore it as they do through the ticket report system!
It would help if someone was prepared to take responsibility rather than hiding behind the non functioning support.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:06:27 PM by jean65 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »
Thanks. I hope that they actually take action rather than just ignore it as they do through the ticket report system!
It would help if someone was prepared to take responsibility rather than hiding behind the non functioning support.

If you can post the support ticket ID number that will also help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 06:48:55 PM »
If I read your post correctly, it appears you no longer have need of any business interaction with avast (no longer using avast, no longer being debited by avast, got everything credited, not going to rejoin etc.)...

Why not just block the email sender in your email account?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »
Yes I agree but why are Avast not capable of dealing with my request?

To answer an earlier reply two examples are:

LFG-948-18839 and MBM-190-47164

Note my last ticket comment has just been e-mailed twice to my late wifes address without any response or comment. Just compounding the shambles.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 07:17:14 PM »
I have emailed an avast team member to look into this urgently.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
jean65, condolences to you for your loss.  :'(
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
Thanks. Needless to say despite a number of assurances on here I have yet to receive any feedback or response from Avast although I do appear to be locked out of the customer satisfaction survey.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »
Well Jean,

just like you we are "only" users of avast and the only thing we can do is try to get attention from avast for you issue.
David and I did so, now it is up to avast to step in and solve things.

In the mean time, if there is anything else we can try to help you with let us know.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
Yes I agree but why are Avast not capable of dealing with my request?

I have yet to receive any feedback or response from Avast although I do appear to be locked out of the customer satisfaction survey.

Jean... life is too short to waste a single second on Avast's nonsense... you don't have any reason to hear back from them nor should you care.  Block them and never look back.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 03:50:14 PM »
Agreed. Their loss as I was giving them the chance to do some customer relations but clearly they are not up to the job.
However interesting to find that although I have had no reply one of my support tickets has been deleted without action being taken.
They really are a bunch of clueless idiots.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:54:34 PM by jean65 »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
jean65, at all times feel free to touch bases with us any time and I'm sure I can speak for all us Avast users when I say that we certainly wish you all the the best going forward and once again, we as a group extend to you our deepest sympathies as it is of course always so very painful losing a loved one.  If you do happen to get any resolution from Avast be sure and let us know.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 05:56:53 PM »
Thanks will do but it looks unlikely. Appreciation of those who tried to help.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »
Agreed. Their loss as I was giving them the chance to do some customer relations but clearly they are not up to the job.
However interesting to find that although I have had no reply one of my support tickets has been deleted without action being taken.
They really are a bunch of clueless idiots.

Jean, at first, I sorry for your lost.

Your ticket was resolved on 13.1.2015. Yes, there was a delay because of Xmas vacations in the team. However we cancelled the Auto-renewal immediatelly when we get to your complain in January. Is it possible that the message/confirmation is in your SPAM folder, it happens sometime.

Whole situation was summarized and explained again in the new ticket that you created recently. We apologize for inconvenience.
Quality is also a feature.