Author Topic: Pop-up and more Pop-ups  (Read 2292 times)

REDACTED

Pop-up and more Pop-ups
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »
I updated avast 2 days ago and ever since I been getting an annoying pop-up daily asking me to upgrade.  Is this how its going to be from now on?

Offline avaster78

Re: Pop-up and more Pop-ups
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit. Avast Free Latest. Opera (Chromium). SpywareBlaster 5.5. Windows 10 Firewall Control Free 64-bit (together w/ Windows Firewall). HW: HP G5139sc - Athlon II X2 220 2.8 GHz - 4 GB (Dual-channel). VDSL2 Modem Router w/ Firewall. Internet 50Mbs.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:10:08 PM »
I updated avast 2 days ago and ever since I been getting an annoying pop-up daily asking me to upgrade.  Is this how its going to be from now on?

I've taken the liberty to add your comment to the link posted above by avaster78, LINK: Offer pop-ups  and replied there (page 5) (hope you don't mind)  :)
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »

I've taken the liberty to add your comment to the link posted above by avaster78, LINK: Offer pop-ups  and replied there (page 5) (hope you don't mind)  :)

Thanks for that and pointing me to that other thread.  I will be using that one from now on.