Author Topic: since recent updtate, error: avast web shield has blocked access to this site  (Read 7500 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline readysteady101

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
hi, have performed several clean install's, firsty removinc avast with removal tool. look, with https turned off in sandboxie its not that big a deal. i originally posted because i wanted a workable solution, and that actually is one. if i need to use browser outside of sandboxie i'll switch it on. i only posted back to velociraptor cos i couldnt make sense of the link supplied in the context of "the sandboxie issue" it doesnt even mention what sandboxie issue, is it same issue? ....if anyone else can then im listening, but thats about as far as it goes, i wanted to respond because velicoraptor took the time to post, im not sure what the link is all about, but i think a response is always required in forums....but problem, while not solved, is at least worked around....and again to you too eddy, replies appreciated as ever, but workaround will do. if it gets resolved in future releases great, if not, what the hell. thanks again.

Offline Velociraptor

  • Daemon
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • *
hello Velociratptor. only seeing this now as was away from machine for a bit. i dont see much in the link provided in regard to sandboxie, except to say "the sandboxie issue has been fixed."  and clearly it is not fixed...or it would work? are they even talking about the "sandboxie issue"? ? ?? nothing is clear in that link and being frank, it tells me nothing except an unknown sandboxie issue is fixed, what issue? and im still unable to browse https sites with https blocking enabled in sandboxie.....wtf, pardon my french but again, wtf?

Did you download the update for your version from the link in the first post that I linked to then do a clean install with it?
Note that this version ends in a "5", 2015.10.2.2215.
The main release ending in 2214 will not sort your issue.

Offline readysteady101

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
No, i didnt download from the link, just to clarify, im not using beta, using stable. can you clarify also, is the sandboxie issue mentioned the same as the issue im having? the reference might refer to something entirely different, but i would also say, dont put yourself out too much on this as i feel confident enough browsing in sandboxie with https scanning off, and if the issue is the same and addressed in a beta it will roll out soon enough. but thanks again.

Offline AntonioR

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
After ugrade to Avast 2015.10.2.2214, avast web shield has blocked access to all sites bacause cut access to DNS Servidor. With nslookup home I have: Servidor: UnKnown; Address: 192.168.1.1
Already try new instalation of the avast, FireFox was removed, Chrome was instaled, avast 2015.10.2.2215 was instaled and no more internet access.
There is any problem with SO Win7 32bits?
Tanks,
António

Offline Velociraptor

  • Daemon
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • *
No, i didnt download from the link, just to clarify, im not using beta, using stable. can you clarify also, is the sandboxie issue mentioned the same as the issue im having? the reference might refer to something entirely different, but i would also say, dont put yourself out too much on this as i feel confident enough browsing in sandboxie with https scanning off, and if the issue is the same and addressed in a beta it will roll out soon enough. but thanks again.

Yes it is the same issue. The beta has been made official so you should get it via the gui soon.

Offline willievanilly

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Avast blocks all sites unless i turn off webshield. real tired of your shit avast

Offline readysteady101

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 17
Hello. OP here just adding a quick word. Since update just now this problem seems to be resolved. Kind of knew it would as stated in the link posted by Velociraptor, also the two avast processes so all good. Been a while but thanks to all.

Offline garicao

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Same problem here, recently.  I have no idea where/what the problem really is, but blocking "HTTPS Everywhere" that i installed in Firefox a few months ago seems to be a work-around.