Author Topic: New ideas  (Read 11485 times)

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
New ideas
« on: March 20, 2015, 03:12:45 PM »
Hello everybody,
we are open to new ideas that can make Avast Grimefighter even better. Please let us know what function are you missing in our app.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: New ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:36:34 AM »
Let's go...

1. Trash left behind after an app uninstallation: files on sdcard, AppData and Obb folders, asec (encrypted) folders left behind, backup/lost apk files, libraries, dex/odex files. For this, the better will be a "resident" module that monitors uninstallations (oh! root will be needed for some of these operations...).

2. Duplicate files and (at premium?) ability to delete one of them.

3. Big files.

4. Must have: whitelist for cleaning. Right now, all files of RomToobox (for instance) are being detected as "trash", making the advanced cleaning impossible (and dangerous) for me.

5. Database alignment (and compression). Root needed?

6. Downloaded apk files.

7. Please, don't add the "memory" cleaning as Gb/Mb cleaned as a lot of silly apps... We're not cleaning anything but RAM, not files...

8. Privacy cleaning (history) and links for manual cleaning of SMSs, call logs, etc.

9. Useful task management: with whitelist, showing increased RAM and Temperature decreased, etc. (If possible, with root access).

The best things in life are free.

Offline Farid Dilmaghani

• Product Manager @Avast Mobile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:53:35 PM »
Thanks for your highly valuable feedback.

Some of these ideas are already in the backlog. The rest we will evaluate with engineers for sure.

In regards to root dependent features, those are certainly to be considered, but the rule of thumb right now is to focus for the benefit of most users.

Thanks again

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:51 PM »
Hi Lisandro,
actually some features you named are already installed. Please let me know if it is usefull for you.

3. Big files.
You can sort any category of Advanced cleaning also by size to identify big files.
4. Must have: whitelist for cleaning. Right now, all files of RomToobox (for instance) are being detected as "trash", making the advanced cleaning impossible (and dangerous) for me.
We have implemented Ignore list, it can be used in any category to set files and applications you don´t want Grimefighter to offer you to be deleted.
6. Downloaded apk files.
APK files are one category of Safe clean, could be turned on/off. We are currently reworking it to distinguish already installed APKs to be deleted within Safe clean and not installed APK´s to be picked by user within Advanced clean.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 03:21:16 PM »
You can sort any category of Advanced cleaning also by size to identify big files.
Well, we need to separate the app data from other files.
What does it mean that "Facebook" app has 169,3Mb on my phone?
When I mean big files, I mean a folder where backup files are stored, for instance.
The "bigger" apps are the maps ones. I can't delete (neither I want to) the maps. I want to clean grime, not useful big files.

We have implemented Ignore list, it can be used in any category to set files and applications you don´t want Grimefighter to offer you to be deleted.
Where is this list? I can't ignore an entire folder for instance... Going one by one or select all is just 8 to 80 option.

APK files are one category of Safe clean, could be turned on/off. We are currently reworking it to distinguish already installed APKs to be deleted within Safe clean and not installed APK´s to be picked by user within Advanced clean.
Good. But where can the user find the non installed apks list?

Hmmm... Until now, I could even use Advanced Cleaning in my phone even once... There is no flexibility. If you want to discuss more details, or third party tools, please, send me an email :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 11:01:45 AM »
Hello Lisandro,
Well, we need to separate the app data from other files.
It always used to be separated see. Advanced cleaning.
What does it mean that "Facebook" app has 169,3Mb on my phone?
That means Facebook app has downloaded a lots of data.
When I mean big files, I mean a folder where backup files are stored, for instance.
Still not sure what you need regarding that, sorrry.
The "bigger" apps are the maps ones. I can't delete (neither I want to) the maps. I want to clean grime, not useful big files.
Maps are typically downloading parts of map you selected to save for offline usage. If you are sure you don´t need that you can just delete it in App data category.

Ignore list can be also applied to more items concurrently, you can either select them one by one or you can use "select all" from overflow menu and then you can also from overflow menu use "ignore selected" option.

Not installed APKs you can find in Advanced cleaning / Files /Archives, once you instal them same file moves to Safe clean (but may be filtered if you have unchecked this option in Settings)

Hope my answers will help you using our app.
Sorry i don´t understand that remark about no flexibility. Please describe in detail here, it is better than e-mail, cause more people from Avast can answer you here.
cheers.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 10:42:19 PM »
I find Avast GrimeFighter for Android very useful. I wish GrimeFighter for PC was as useful.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »
I find Avast GrimeFighter for Android very useful. I wish GrimeFighter for PC was as useful.
We are happy to hear that :) Anyway you can tell specific wishes our colleagues from PC Grimefighter team in their forum https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=63.0

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:25 PM »
Performing of Safe Cleaning could be scheduled to a certain time where activities are low on the phone like during the night.

Likewise Safe Cleaning could be performed when the cleaner sense that activities are low on the phone. Like after 5 hours for no activities.

This way I never have to worry or think about memory cleaning as it's performed automaticly

Offline Avast-TS

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:47 PM »
Hi,
we are working on that actually. I can't tell you specific date, but this feature is being prepared at the moment :)
Cheers!