Author Topic: I can't change my email address  (Read 1924 times)

REDACTED

I can't change my email address
« on: March 20, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »
I've tried several times to add my email address.  Each time it says it will send a confirmation and nothing arrives.  Looks like I'm stuck registered to an out of date email address.  Any suggestions?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I can't change my email address
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:19:54 PM »
By all accounts some services are blocking avast emails - I don't know what email you are using, domain.com if that might be blocked by a spam filter - you could check your email service spam filder and see it has been sent there.

Or you could try a temporary email address with something like yahoo.com, etc. and see if that works.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: I can't change my email address
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »
I've tried several times to add my email address.  Each time it says it will send a confirmation and nothing arrives.  Looks like I'm stuck registered to an out of date email address.  Any suggestions?

Just to mention the obvious, you are checking your SPAM or JUNK folder (whatever applies not knowing what type of email account you have)?

Also depending upon you email client you might check to see what occurs with SPAM, that is the setting may be to not even retain these emails at all possibly.

Just thought I'd touch bases regarding ways it may be getting blocked, btw, if Avast informs you of the domain they use to send the confirmation email you might make sure this is getting accepted by your email application.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.