Author Topic: Why I'll never use Grimefighter  (Read 2866 times)

REDACTED

Why I'll never use Grimefighter
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:51 AM »
Hello!

I'm here to explain why I'll never use Grimefighter.
In the current state of the program, it doesn't tell you what he want to modify.
You can't select what modification you want to allow or deny. You just have this "mess with my computer" button.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Why I'll never use Grimefighter
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:17:49 PM »
Hi GreenSoup,

We realize this is a weakness in the product design and will be fixing it.  It won't be available in the next release planned for later this month but we are definitely planning to add more information to the product user interface before purchase.  It should be ready in another month or two.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »
So, where's the "Undo" button? I got sucked into buying your shitty product, just a few nights ago. Your "necessary repair" GrimeFighter deleted over 133,000 of my IMPORTANT files. I've already bought ANOTHER product, for another 40 bucks, and so far even that won't let me recover my files.

Don't hold your breath, people - waiting on these frauds to send you a refund. I've had at least one other problem with them before. It was a $100 program which never worked - not even when I was right on the phone, with one of their "technicians" guiding me.

My best advice? Don't buy a thing from these online charlatans. A nice, good and fat Class Action Lawsuit is the only way that they'll be stopped.

So, one last time - tell us all about HOW TO RECOVER FILES which this piece of crap "Grime"Fighter just arbitrarily DELETES?

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:27:52 PM »
Hello darien3x,

First, let me apologize for this obviously frustrating experience.  You can undo the changes by booting into GrimeFighter again, under the "scan for performance issues" and then there is a button to undo previous changes.  Please try this and post back to confirm it worked.

I would comment on one other thing, there is an opportunity to customize what GrimeFighter cleans or not.  Once the clean happens, you are offered to look at the advanced console where you can customize what it cleans.  But we failed on that if it wasn't clear to you this option was available.

Once again, our sincere apologies,

Davidek

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »
Your "necessary repair" GrimeFighter deleted over 133,000 of my IMPORTANT files.
What files where they? All with the same file extension ?