Author Topic: Application that can stop automatic software upgrades?  (Read 8172 times)

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: Application that can stop automatic software upgrades?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 10:02:23 PM »
@ larksrool,
I'll let you continue to debate this topic with yourself. I'm out of here.  :)

OK, Bob, it's good talking to you, till we meet again.  :)

Oh btw, did you like my "short story" on page 1 reply #10 written especially just for your eyes only?  ;)

Oh and you WOULD agree that this was not the answer Beth wanted to hear, RIGHT?  ???
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: Application that can stop automatic software upgrades?
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 02:17:08 AM »
Well, I'm a bit surprised that no one is aware of any application that can monitor and block auto installs.  Hmmm, so nothing like WINPATROL "lite" then?

It's hard to believe there's nothing that can do that, but I appreciate those who actually considered my question, that's not say I didn't enjoy the off topic interchange however, as always it's all fun.

If at anytime I run across anything I'll post back, but for now I'll move on and hope Avast settings are abided by as any user would reasonably expect to be the case.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.