Author Topic: Never got subscription code after purchase in itunes  (Read 6123 times)

REDACTED

Never got subscription code after purchase in itunes
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:19:53 AM »
I bought your product last weekend and have not received any confirmation or subscription code. 
I also have not received any reply to my support ticket #XOV-259-34478
Apple Store has collected the money, but said you are the only source to get this resolved.

Please advise

-Mike

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Never got subscription code after purchase in itunes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 07:31:32 AM »
Have patience.
avast is trying to handle all tickets within 10 business days.

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »
If you bought the subscription on version 3.1, you can open SecureLine > Settings > Subscription > tap the button on the top to restore your subscription.
You must be signed in on iTunes with the same account you used to buy your subscription.
If that's not the case, please be patient and wait the response from support. You will need to provide them the receipt of your purchase.
Let me know if it works.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:09:58 AM »
I appreciate the responses and the problem is purely that I never received a subscription number after I paid. 

I did try your suggestion in settings and I was asked to enter the subscription number, which was never sent to me.

-Mike

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:49:33 AM »
Apple Store has collected the money
That is a strong indication that you did get a confirmation with the subscription number, or at least that they send it to you.
I never bought anything in that store but,
isn't there a option to see the status of your order or have them resend the confirmation or something ?
Have you checked your email including the spam folder and the trash folder ?
It could be you overlooked it.

Also check if they haven't returned the money to you.

Offline jobert

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:09:44 AM »
After the purchase is confirmed by Apple, the app sends this information to Avast, which will process the purchase and then generate a subscription code for that and return it to the app.
It probably happened that the communication failed at that point, so you didn't get the subscription code.

Can you tell which version of SecureLine you were using when you bought the subscription?

If you were using version 3.1, you should have the auto-renewable subscription (please confirm), which should be possible to be restored by tapping that button on the top of the subscription screen on the SecureLine app.
But you need to be sure you're logged in on iTunes with the same account you used to purchase the subscription. (Device Settings > iTunes Store & App Store > Apple ID).

If that happened when you had version 3.0, then you had the non-renewable subscription, which is not possible to restore via iTunes, so you will need to provide support the receipt you got after the purchase.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but please double check this and make sure, it can save you some time.

Kind regards,

Jobert
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:19:20 AM by jobert »