Author Topic: Toxic combination: Windows 10 Technical Preview 10041 & Avast 10.0.2504  (Read 8641 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Windows 10 Pro Tech Preview has apparently updated itself to 10041 and Avast is running amok.
Apps won't start, Deepscreen analysis on nearly every system file. Out of interest I let it go on until I discovered that quarantined files were not restorable.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
It seems that you missed several updates of avast.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
It seems that you missed several updates of avast.

No 10.0.2504 is the latest.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
I've turned off Deepscreen but quite a lot of damage has already been caused.
Everything that has been analyzed by Deepscreen no longer works even when it reported "no problem found".
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:18:02 AM by Vladimyr »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
ditto

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
a few more -but not all

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Eh no, 2015.2.10.2215 is the latest.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Eh no, 2015.2.10.2215 is the latest.

Eddy, what does it say at the top of this board?

Avast WEBforum »
    Avast support forums »
    Avast for Business (cloud) »

REDACTED

Windows 10 is a trial version yet , so your files can be detected as threats because they are unstable structure and are not complete I recommend installing the windows 8.1 and wait out the full version of 10. Luck

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
I expect such problems with a preview OS. I just wanted to let people know.
I won't bother reinstalling on this PC. It'll go back to Ubuntu 14.10, just a month earlier than I planned.

REDACTED

Re: Toxic combination: Windows 10 Technical Preview 10041 & Avast 10.0.2504
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:34 PM »
For clarity the build numbers for the Avast for Business anti-malware client and our Consumer client may not match when fully updated. 

While Avast for Business is built off our consumer engine,  it's not necessarily running the latest consumer codebase as soon as it releases since we have different requirements for business needs,  and we have unique features as well (like Cloud management).

For the moment,  I personally recommend against attempting to use any anti-malware engine with Windows 10 preview as I've seen many issues with many products - similar to those expressed here. 

Don't worry, we'll support Windows 10 before it releases ;).

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »
For clarity the build numbers for the Avast for Business anti-malware client and our Consumer client may not match when fully updated. 

While Avast for Business is built off our consumer engine,  it's not necessarily running the latest consumer codebase as soon as it releases since we have different requirements for business needs,  and we have unique features as well (like Cloud management).

For the moment,  I personally recommend against attempting to use any anti-malware engine with Windows 10 preview as I've seen many issues with many products - similar to those expressed here. 

that being said....i had no such issues when my windows 10 tech preview updated itself to 10041.  and continue to have no issues at this point. the only problem i encountered was a microsoft issue by which they could not read the license keys for their own office product after the update.   Granted...i did not use deepscreen on anything.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:16:44 PM by Jonmesser33 »

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »

that being said....i had no such issues when my windows 10 tech preview updated itself to 10041.  and continue to have no issues at this point. the only problem i encountered was a microsoft issue by which they could not read the license keys for their own office product after the update.   Granted...i did not use deepscreen on anything.

actually, after rechecking my settings, i do have deepscreen enabled on this machine. had no issues whatsoever other than the microsoft license thing, after the update to 10041. just FYI.