Author Topic: Avast sending things to virus chest  (Read 3481 times)

REDACTED

Avast sending things to virus chest
« on: February 20, 2015, 04:55:55 AM »
Hi, a few months ago I posted about me allowing Avast to send a game ( Taptiles ) to the virus chest without me really thinking it through properly.  I followed all advice given to restore the game to no avail, but the  other day went to play some of the solitaire games to find Avast has sent them to the virus chest.   Tried to restore but still getting the same message.  Seems Avast does not recognize me as the administrator.  Any other ideas.  Would deleting Avast solve the problem?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast sending things to virus chest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 07:47:01 AM »
vital info .... always post info about what avast say, or better post a screenshot of avast warning popup

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
Sorry the pop up window said "I am not allowed to perform this action & to please contact the system administrator". Hope that helps. Don't know how to do screen shots, have to write it all down.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
Sorry the pop up window said "I am not allowed to perform this action & to please contact the system administrator". Hope that helps. Don't know how to do screen shots, have to write it all down.
Hello,
for screenshots you can use http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool -- built in tool in Win Vista and later.

Milos

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:50:06 PM »
You can always use Greenshot. Greenshot is a free open source screenshot editor.
It's very simple to use. I have been using it for a long time. There are others some free and some paid.
This article may be of some use http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-screen-capture-utility.htm#Quick_Selection_Guide
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 01:54:30 AM »
Thanks for that help,  any ideas for my original question?  Do miss playing those games as with only 1GB of data a month not really able to play online.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 02:30:08 AM »
You need to attach a capture of the Alert. Even Milos, head of the virus lab of Avast, is asking for it. You also need to send the file to Avast lab to be checked and ... if it is a F/P to be excluded from detection.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB21#idt_07

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 01:18:22 AM »
Okay,  considering Taptiles was sent to the virus chest & Solitaire seemed to go by itself have no idea how I am able to show u the alert.  I do not have a lot of computer experience being a senior person so a lot of what u are telling me is going over my head.  I just tried to follow the instructions re submitting to virus lab but I highlight both files right click & submit to virus lab & properties are both grayed out.  Also when I click to bring up the Avast page my Chrome page either disappears or or comes & goes so freaking me out a bit.  Have Googled how to take a screen shot but am either doing it wrong  or something is not working right.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 01:32:31 AM »
Tried again & managed to send both files individually so hope the lab get them both.  Will work on the screen shots etc.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 03:11:58 AM »
Have now managed to download Taptiles again so leaving things in the virus chest.  Last year I was given advice on how to create another ID to see if that would allow me to restore my game.  I cannot find that post & would like to see how I added the other ID as have forgotten what I did.  Mentioned about the virus chest  to a guy where I live & without asking he did a system restore & now my main ID is playing up for some reason & the other ID is acting like it is the main one & making it difficult to do some things.