Author Topic: how can I disable avast window when windows start?  (Read 3374 times)

REDACTED

how can I disable avast window when windows start?
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:50:37 PM »
hello,

When windows starts, the avast window open. this happened since avast update to 2015 version. I didn't find in setings any option to disable this. does anybody know how can i disable it.
I have AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 2015.

thanks

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: how can I disable avast window when windows start?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:57:36 PM »
hello,

When windows starts, the avast window open. this happened since avast update to 2015 version. I didn't find in setings any option to disable this. does anybody know how can i disable it.
I have AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 2015.

thanks

Do you mean the update complete window where you have to click "finish"?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:18:46 PM »
no. every time I start windows the avast main window open (like when you put avast in STARTUP)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
Ah, that's one sign of a corrupt install if that happens. You need to do a clean install to fix it:

You need to perform a clean install:

Note: It's important you used the stub online installer from the one I linked.. NOT the offline one.

Note: You need to be ONLINE during this install (online installer works in all cases whereas offline sometimes doesn't)

1.Download your version of avast! and the avastclear tool:

Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier

Download Avast Clear Tool

2. Uninstall Avast by control panel  [If you don't have Avast in control Panel go to #3]
3. Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear. [Running Avastclear is normal mode will give a prompt to go into Safe Mode]
Check : Once uninstalled check in device manager>view>show hidden devices if there is anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.. if so, uninstall it and reboot.
5. Install the version you downloaded.
6. Reboot.

Free: If you have the Free version, register the product for free for a year from the avast! UI.
Paid: If you have a paid license, insert the license key/activation code after the reboot at stage 6.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It's better to ask than make a mistake and start over again with the process.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 10:25:25 PM »
I did what you say.
It works...

Thanks a lot!