Author Topic: Avast blocks my program all the time  (Read 7633 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast blocks my program all the time
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 04:24:03 AM »
Milos already answered and said that your program will be excluded from detectionin the next stream update. Have you got it yet ?

Hello,
thanks for notice. FP will be fixed in next stream update.

Milos

Yes, of course, no need for you to be annoyed. If anyone is to be much more annoyed, even angry, it is ME.

But someone wants to see my screenshot....so to satisfy that person's request, I posted it.

Why do you say that ? I am not annoyed or want to annoy anyone. Just asking if you read Milos's reply since you have not confirm if the file is still detected or not. Do not kill the messenger.

Some files or detection do not respond in exclusion for FSS, you have to add it to Avast > Settings > General > Exclusion.

Offline svelpmegod

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 04:48:19 AM »
Milos already answered and said that your program will be excluded from detectionin the next stream update. Have you got it yet ?

Hello,
thanks for notice. FP will be fixed in next stream update.

Milos

Yes, of course, no need for you to be annoyed. If anyone is to be much more annoyed, even angry, it is ME.

But someone wants to see my screenshot....so to satisfy that person's request, I posted it.

Why do you say that ? I am not annoyed or want to annoy anyone. Just asking if you read Milos's reply since you have not confirm if the file is still detected or not. Do not kill the messenger.

Some files or detection do not respond in exclusion for FSS, you have to add it to Avast > Settings > General > Exclusion.

Already done that, days ago.....

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 05:09:39 AM »

There ya go.....see how many times my program is entered?

Right now, I have totally disabled Avast, and depending on how long they take to fix these problems, I could end up uninstalling Avast totally from my system, and go with another, maybe AVG or Avira.

It's not safe to run without an AV in the background....

I thank you for that, and at the risk of being irritating and equally in the knowledge that Milos has previously stated this issue will be addressed in a future release, please be forgiving and allow me to ask the following mundane questions, which is, you have verified that this is the name of the executable file and that it is the definite location (path) for that executable?

And as a followup noticing that it is a specific path, have you taken the time to try using wildcards i.e. "*\XSitePro2.exe"  (not that this is the best alternative but just for testing purposes at least)?

Forgive me svelpmegod and other fellow posters, but I'm just trying to in my way be thorough regardless that it is probably overkill, I hope y'all don't mind.  :)
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 05:19:17 AM »
Oh, btw sorry svelpmegod for getting you in trouble with another poster.  ;)
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline svelpmegod

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 05:41:38 AM »
Yes, yes, yes, its the correct path. The Avast program has gone to the extent of removing the file from my program's folder which is the path you see, and also removing my desktop shortcut.

So, in other words, my entire program is totally disabled and cannot function anymore without the .exe file. I have to keep a backup of it in a USB stick.....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:44:54 AM by svelpmegod »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 07:14:13 AM »
Wow, that's to bad.  Well it's now been 3 days since you've reported it as a False Positive (FP), so I guess since you've tried everything the only thing remaining is waiting on Avast to remove it from the signature VPS data base presumably.  I've had this issue with a file ages ago and unfortunately can't recall how long this took Avast to address.  But then I was fortunate that I was able to exclude it at the time while it was being addressed. I would occasionally uncheck the exclusion to keep tabs on when the FP was resolved.

Keep the board posted on when Avast eventually fixes the situation.  Milos has stated that the "FP will be fixed in next stream update" so one would think this should not take that long.