Author Topic: avast account connection : gmail : "The service is temporarily unavailable"  (Read 3255 times)

REDACTED

Installing today:

#1 Android Mobile Phone : Installed avast anti virus ...then anti theft...then linked to avast!Acount through GMAIL email. All ok.
#2 Android Nexus 7 tablet : Installed avast anti virus ...then anti theft...but can't link to avast!Acount through GMAIL email...it says "The service is temporarily unavailable". however if I enter a random email it works.

Am I limited to one device per account ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:51:17 PM by KBury »

REDACTED

No, it is GCM common error on Nexus 7.

REDACTED

Any advice as to the cause? It seems to only error for one particular gmail account (the one I want) ? And it didnt error on the android phone for the same account..

I tried deleting the sync account on the nexus and i added it again however even though my account synchronised avast won't register the account
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:37:02 PM by KBury »

REDACTED

I notice there are two versions of avast anti theft. One within the google play store...and a different version when you download through the avast security app.

The avast security app download of anti-theft has a GCM signin (which isn't working on lollipop)
The google app download of anti-theft has no GCM signin only facebook/avast

Is google registration for Avast Anti-Theft on Android lollipop supported?

REDACTED

Installing today:

#1 Android Mobile Phone : Installed avast anti virus ...then anti theft...then linked to avast!Acount through GMAIL email. All ok.
#2 Android Nexus 7 tablet : Installed avast anti virus ...then anti theft...but can't link to avast!Acount through GMAIL email...it says "The service is temporarily unavailable". however if I enter a random email it works.

Am I limited to one device per account ?

I am getting the same issue today, seems that the server is down, I have to keep reloading the page.