Author Topic: BOOT SCAN  (Read 7534 times)

REDACTED

BOOT SCAN
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:42:57 PM »
after a scan today it found a Trojan, it requested I do a boot time scan which I did, After the boot scan system started up. My issue is when I look a the boot results there is nothing no scan details at all. I watched it scan for awhile and saw it scanning folders on the hard drive but based on the results it did not scan any objects,didnt take any time, no tested folders. anybody have this before. Avast premier 2015, wind 7

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: BOOT SCAN
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:13:36 PM »
Is there anything in the log file ?

If you updated to version 2015, I suggest you do a clean installation.
There several issues known after a update.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »
that's just it the scan details are all zeros almost like it didn't do anything????? run time 0:00:00, tested files 0 tested folders 0, amount of tested data 0.0B infected files 0?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »
I suggest to do a clean installation and run a boot scan to see if the problem is solved.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »
Is there a specific place or file to run for a clean install??

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »
OK got it done , reinstall, run a boot time scan, sit here and watch, I goes for about 5min, its scanning away then windows continues to start up and I come to the sign on screen, check boot results and there are zero results, I know it is not scanning all the way through???

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »
I have done a clean install, I have changed keyboards, Every time I run a boot scan it runs for a couple of minutes then goes blank and windows restarts. has anyone had similar issue
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:50:19 PM by william.009 »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 04:51:18 PM »
anyone??

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »
Do you mean you checked the aswboot.txt file and the content is empty ?
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 06:18:41 PM »
I have done a clean install, I have changed keyboards, Every time I run a boot scan it runs for a couple of minutes then goes blank and windows restarts. has anyone had similar issue

It should either run until completion, in which case windows will carry on with the boot or it will encounter a detection and will require user interaction on what to do.

When the boot scan is running you should have a Blue coloured screen and you should see scan activity. If a detection is made then the screen shows a number of options on what you want avast to do.

Did you see this activity, see attached image examples of a boot-time scan from a very old avast version. This may not be exactly the same but it should give you an idea.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »
isnt the boot scan just a sleezy trick to get you have some fake serious problem that you have to call the tech support who omg omg of course for sure can fix this for a Price of course and then bingo there goes money from your pocket to a very slick slimey sleezy piece of crap software company . I regret buying avast premier , grimeshiiit. , and secure vpn yesterday and i likely and going to ask for a refund.
    I wanted good anti virus software and tools , i did not want to  be some sucker to pay some tricksters to fix false problems they have purposely programmed into this crapware to get rich off the the backs of folks who are not tech savy . Shesssh 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »
isnt the boot scan just a sleezy trick to get you have some fake serious problem that you have to call the tech support .............
what does boot scan have to do with calling support   ::)

avast support is here  https://support.avast.com

anyway we have FREE removal help here in the forum if you need it  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:41:35 PM by Pondus »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 06:37:11 PM »
Musicaz,

A couple of facts:

- avast is legitimate and trustful software.
- It is not a fake detector/remover.
- avast support is totally free of charge.

If you have a problem, please start your own topic in the correct forum and provide details.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 06:45:52 PM »
when the boot scan doesnt work people will call tech support and there goes the fun and games to get your money .   get it ?  they will claim to be able to fix the issues for more moneyi from you .   Just as grimefighter didnt work for me yesterday and i of course called tech support and there it was in my face some person wanting money from me to fix issues . Crazy thing is i had just purchased avast premier , secure vpn , and grime fighter. From what i can see is that the whole anti virus program is mainly just set up to get more money from you . if a person is willing to trust the phone tech support people and hand them more money . Its obvious to me the software is designed to not work properly  and then hopefully the folks that call tech support will be willing to pay more money .
    So go ahead and try and shoot down what i am saying but for sure this is what appears to be going on here
    Also the phone person yesterday claimed he knew what my problem was and needed money to fix it . and this came up from him within the first 3 minutes of the phone call.
   Check the forums people and notice all the other folks that willl also verify that grimefighter is a scam and doesnt work . period .
  yeah its really professional and nice that i forked all that money over to this company yesterday for the programs and right away they wanted more money . ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ,   i get it .. ok . Scam scam scam scam .   A scam . ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha , pure crapware use to scam . people from more money . ha ha ha ha ha . its obvious  ,