Author Topic: whitelist being ignored  (Read 1818 times)

REDACTED

whitelist being ignored
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:38 PM »
I've added a few email addresses to the whitelist with the Avast add-in (using Outlook for my email), but they are still ending up in my junk folder.  I've missed a few important emails and I'm considering disabling Avast's spam add-in/plugin.  How can I access the actual whitelist to see which addresses are on it?

Thank you in advance.
Sarah

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: whitelist being ignored
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:27 PM »
It is not avast that puts mails in the spam folder, it is Outlook who does that.
If you add exclusions of mail addresses to the avast mail scanner it only means avast will let the mails from those senders through.

There is no such thing as a Whitelist.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
Re: whitelist being ignored
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »
I've added a few email addresses to the whitelist with the Avast add-in (using Outlook for my email), but they are still ending up in my junk folder.  I've missed a few important emails and I'm considering disabling Avast's spam add-in/plugin.  How can I access the actual whitelist to see which addresses are on it?

Thank you in advance.
Sarah

What version of Avast are you using? Go to "About Avast" to get this.

There has been an Anti-spam addon provided by Avast that applied to if I recall correclty Outlook2003 back in older versions something like version 6 of Avast and older if I recall.  Is this the case and you're probably using Outlook2003 with perhaps Avast 6?  I have to say it would be surprising however for any users to still be using that old of a version of Avast at this time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:49:29 PM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.