Author Topic: Multiple Geographical Locations Setup - AEA  (Read 2897 times)

REDACTED

Multiple Geographical Locations Setup - AEA
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »
Hello,

We are a school network spanning half a state. I have downloaded the AEA console on our central offices network, however will not be installing Avast on any of the local computers. We will be using this Avast solution to install the AV on various computers throughout the state. I am having issues finding documentation on managing and setting up the AEA for a situation like this.

I see documentation of managing the local network that the AEA console was installed on, but nothing about pushing out Avast using AEA to computers on separate networks.

Any help or pointing to established documentation would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

REDACTED

Re: Multiple Geographical Locations Setup - AEA
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:08 PM »
I have never tried pushing out to separate networks, so take my input with a grain of salt as it is mostly my speculation on it: (And someone please correct me if they know otherwise)

A lot of this question depends on how separate your networks really are. Are they all part of the same domain/active directory forest?
The AEA uses Active Directory to find and organize computers on your network, so if they are on completely separate forests, I believe that would require setting up multiple servers with separate licenses for each site.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:43:22 PM by VincentArriola »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply. The networks are 100% separate from the offices, I believe most are not even managed by any form of AD.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 01:41:29 PM »
Maybe this can help: https://www.infratech.es/avast/eas-acceso-remoto.html (see images)

Google translate:

Get the EAS from the agents / remote client

For individual equipment we have outside our LAN receive security policies, configurations ... and send their status and information from possible infection, we must:

• Create a group within the "Computer Catalog" in which all machines are entering the AES from the outside. Within the properties of this group, in the section "Communication" indicate Public IP address of your router / gateway in the "EAS Address" field.
  • Open the TCP / 16136 and TCP / 16139 ports on the firewall / router (gateway), and redirect them to the local IP of the EAS.
  • Create a specific installation package for these machines indicate the Public IP address (WAN) that agents / remote clients should send their information. To do this, go to "Install Packages" in the Administration Console and create a new package that, in addition to defining the shields and functionality we want for our remote computers, define the public (WAN) IP address in the field "Server EAS".