Author Topic: Avast Enpoint Admin Console build in DB size error (Read 26 times)  (Read 2616 times)

REDACTED

I've been running avast almost for a year now, and a about a month ago the admin console service starting having issues starting. I reviewed the logs and found the below error. I have to assume this is due to a connection string to the db not allowing largers sizes. I ca't find a configuration file for the web app or otherwise to correct this or investigate as to the cause?
I've search all the forms, this has not been a topic already.

any help would be appreciated.

FATAL SbcCoreService - Service could not be started.
System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while reading from the store provider's data reader. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException: The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 2049 ]
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.IsEndOfRowset(Int32 hr)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.Move(DIRECTION direction)
   at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.Read()
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.StoreRead()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.StoreRead()
   at System.Data.Common.Internal.Materialization.Shaper`1.SimpleEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at Avast.Sbc.Service.Database.ComputerCatalogDatabase.GetNodes(Boolean onlyManaged)
   at Avast.Sbc.ComputerCatalog.Iface.CachingComputerCatalog.CreateCachingContainer()
   at Avast.Sbc.Service.SbcCoreService.OnStart(String[] args)

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Avast Enpoint Admin Console build in DB size error (Read 26 times)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
The connection string could be found in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.exe.CFG file and the max size is 4091.