Author Topic: Managed Clients Do not show up in ADNM  (Read 15603 times)

travis

Re: Managed Clients Do not show up in ADNM
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 09:25:49 PM »
1. None of the machines have a small key symbol on them

2. Every machine on the network is in the catalog because of the Find task that runs

3. I have the Netclient installed on 3 servers and 18 workstations.  I believe I purchase 28 Lic of the pack.

4. Yes there are machines in the catalog that show up as green... these machines are the ones that are showing up in the Computers With Agent group

5. If I am reading the lic file right, I am licensed for 28

Note: The problematic machines are showing up in the Computers Without Agent group

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 09:35:44 PM »
OK, the netclient is installed on 3 servers and 18 workstations. But is that all machines on your network?

That is, how many machines are there in the Catalog, totally? (With Agent + Without Agent)

Also, could you please send the file <avast>\data\computer.ini from one of the machines that do NOT show up in the console as active?

Thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

travis

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 10:00:51 PM »
At the moment, there are 56 computers in the Catalog.  This number changes daily because when the Find task runs not all of the computers on our network are on.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 10:15:26 PM »
Could you please do the following:

- delete the engines that you don't plan to run avast on from the catalog. Make sure to keep the total count <= 28

- quit the console

- restart the "avast! Management Server" service (Administrative Tools -> Services).

Now, the machines should begin becoming green.... (especially when you restart the NetAgent service on them - this accelerates it).

Please let me know.

Thanks
Vlk

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

travis

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 03:12:42 PM »
Great... It worked  :)

Now for the next issue:

How can I configure the Standard Shield not to scan *.tif, *.mdb, and *.JPEG.  Please show example.

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 03:59:01 PM »
How can I configure the Standard Shield not to scan *.tif, *.mdb, and *.JPEG.  Please show example.

Go to Standard Shield provider settings and add, one by one, the masks above to the Exclusion list (on-access exclusion list):
*.tif
*.mdb
*.jpg

Well, at least, this is how Windows version of avast! works  8)
The best things in life are free.

travis

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 02:08:31 PM »
What would the syntax be?  In the exclusions area there are 5 entries for the same exact location.  At least it appears to be the same location.  The entry is: ?:\PageFile.sys.  Is this the syntax I need to use to exclude the file types I need?  In example, ?:\*.tif.  Also, this exclusion list is for areas to exclude.  How is it going to help in stopping the standard shield from scanning the file types I need not to be scanned?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 06:09:05 PM »
There were some changes in the default exclusions recently, so it's possible that there are some duplicit entries in the list (created during the program updates). You can remove them if they are really the same (and keep only one).

The syntax for the image files is exacly as Tech suggested, e.g. (for example)
*.tif
I guess ?:\*.tif would work as well (at least for files stored on local disks), but the first form is more simple.

travis

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 03:59:57 PM »
Thank you everyone for all of your help.  Everything seems to be working fine now.  Again, thanks.