Author Topic: Avast for Exchange Server  (Read 17841 times)

REDACTED

Avast for Exchange Server
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »
Having tons of trouble trying to get Avast to pick off real viruses and spam in emails (still a large number of viral files with .zip attachments are getting to my users), but avast is also picking off valid addresses, even if I put the domain in the whitelist.

I need to see the log file of all the emails that Avast is deeming spam or viral so I can figure out which ones are false positives. Where are the log files? I know it says that if I use the "delete spam" option that I can't get the emails back, but there needs to be:

1. A way to redirect spam to a spam folder on the server so the administrator can evaluate what was intercepted and not lose the emails... we're losing potential business because of this.
2. An easy way to view the logs.

Can anyone shed some light on this product? Is it useful exchange server protection?

REDACTED

Re: Avast for Exchange Server
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 05:52:35 PM »
I shall be monitoring this thread for a reply from Avast! or anyone else as I'm having the exact same issue.  It seems the Avast! antispam feature is pretty poor.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »
Why not set your email server to block mails with a .zip attached ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »
until now still no answer from avast ???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
Contact business support: https://support.business.avast.com
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 12:05:47 PM »
5 months later and no response from the two posters either :(

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:00:02 AM »
Hi Guys,
              Well come to forum site.We Having tons of trouble trying to get Avast to pick off real viruses and spam in emails. The avast is also picking off valid addresses. Even if we put the domain in the white list.We need to see the log file of all the emails that Avast is deeming spam or viral. So we can figure out which ones are false positives. Where are the log files? We know it says that if I use the "delete spam" option that I can't get the emails back, but there needs to be a way to redirect spam to a spam folder on the server so the administrator can evaluate what was intercepted and not lose the email