Author Topic: Avast and svchost.exe  (Read 18233 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast and svchost.exe
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »
Wierd since de download comes from Microsoft update an Avast is saying that de file am_delta_patch is not digitally signed. Wierder that it belogs to MpCmdRun.EXE and that is Windows Defender and Security Essentials.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 11:46:30 PM »
Wierd since de download comes from Microsoft update an Avast is saying that de file am_delta_patch is not digitally signed. Wierder that it belogs to MpCmdRun.EXE and that is Windows Defender and Security Essentials.
So it may be a false positive of Avast? I attached all possible files to check if my PC is infected with virus.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
Essexboy gave you a clean bill of health and reported your case so it just a matter of waiting and see what Avast finds out.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 11:58:35 PM »
Essexboy gave you a clean bill of health and reported your case so it just a matter of waiting and see what Avast finds out.
He gave me a clean bill of health? I didn't see it, sorry!  :-[

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 12:08:08 AM »
He gave me a clean bill of health? I didn't see it, sorry!  :-[

The initial fix removed some adware that uses chrome, but as you don't have that it was a bit wasted :)

How is the computer behaving otherwise ?

He did not find anything else and he is aking how you feel the system. If you report strange behavior, popus, freezing, BSOD he would have run more tests otherwise he did not see fit to do anything else.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:16 AM »
Ok, thanks for the clarification, friend!

Let's wait for the answer of Avast. Anyway, in the future, I have thought of buying Windows 8, so I will format the hard drive and everything evil will be deleted, but as I said, I will make thisn in the future.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:46 AM »
No problem, and welcome.

Good luck.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 07:18:31 AM »
The alert appears again: :(
Hello,
it looks, that the downloading was interrupted so it does not contain digital signature so we could not verify that it comes trusted source.

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 12:09:52 PM »
Hello,
it looks, that the downloading was interrupted so it does not contain digital signature so we could not verify that it comes trusted source.

Milos
So what should I do? If I allow the download, may damage my PC?

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »
Hello,

Milos
Hello,
the scanned file can be found in c:\Windows\Temp\_avast_\ with name containing ".unp" extension (maybe you will have to set in webshield settings "action" for Virus, PUP, Suspicious to "Ask" ). Can you upload the file to our ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/ and let me know the uploaded filename? I would like to see if the file really has no digital signature.

Milos

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
Thanks for the input Milos :)

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 11:15:20 AM »
Hello,

Milos
Hello,
the scanned file can be found in c:\Windows\Temp\_avast_\ with name containing ".unp" extension (maybe you will have to set in webshield settings "action" for Virus, PUP, Suspicious to "Ask" ). Can you upload the file to our ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/ and let me know the uploaded filename? I would like to see if the file really has no digital signature.

Milos
In that folder I found only this, and I can't open this document  :'( :

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 12:22:27 PM »
Hello,
do you have set webshield settings "action" for Virus, PUP, Suspicious to "Ask"? And also don't close the Avast's alert window.

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
Hello Milos!

You refer to the configuration of Avast? Where should I go to check it?

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »
Hello,
UI -> Settings -> Active protection -> Web shield -> Customize -> Actions and check all tabs "Virus", "PUP", "Suspicious".

Milos