Author Topic: Lots of errors in my scans  (Read 15465 times)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re:Lots of errors in my scans
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2003, 07:51:38 PM »
Hello fkj,
send me please viapfd100.exe and one saved game from nice Heroes, "c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tm3.rar\ [E] Systemet kan ikke åbne den angivne (110)" file (but this error should not be caused by missing .r00 volume).

...about corrupted java zip files, look at the end of the post: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=590;start=msg2999#msg2999.

VOB files are really big, aren't they?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2003, 08:02:34 PM »
PK: The RAR file is quite easy to find on google :)

Igor found it on google but I hoped he would post the link here ;D - ok, I'll look at that file.

fkj

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2003, 08:06:44 PM »
Hi, PK

I have send you the viapfd100.exe and all the hereos saves (in a zip), but not the tm3.rar, I'll send you that when I come back home (yup, I'm back at the office :-\ DAMN! thesis! ;D)

I think the vob files are about 1 Gb each. I have some more vob files from the same rip but they didn't make an error, så mabe its just the big ones...? If I havn't used all my trafic at the end of the month I can send you one of the vob files ;D

~Frank

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2003, 08:14:23 PM »
PK: You sometimes post such kind of posts here... so I thought that such an experienced seeker should not have problems finding links like http://ftp.cizgi.com.tr/VIA/viapfd100.exe   ;D

The VOB files are usually (always?) 1GB big - maybe except for the last one on the DVD. I doubt there will be any big differences in their size... so I would expect that many other VOBs will show the same error (can't imagine why these ones should be special  ???)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2003, 10:41:45 PM »
I was kidding, even a beginner seeker would not have problem to find the downloadable place.

fkj, I checked viapfd100.exe file, but RAR header of the last file is really corrupted (even WinRAR says: "D:\Downloaded\viapfd100.exe: The file "???" header is corrupt" - all files are extracted & scanned (or installed by that self-installation app) without any problems.

Since RAR file is in EXE, it's not easy to say if the archive was really corrupted or not (because I can't know if the last file is really the last one - and then some binary garbage behind its, or corrupted header of the next file) - but I'm going to do little fix into the next build.

Heroes saved game files are compressed with GZIP, I could get the original valid unpacked file - but with unknown reason, .GM1 files have invalid CRC value at the end of the file.

fkj

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2003, 01:00:37 AM »
Hi PK

I have just send you the tm3.rar file.

As for the vob files, they are 1 Gb each, and they are the only ones that produces the error. I have 44 other vob files (fram the same dvd, ripped with the same program) some up to 500 Mb, which dont poduce any errors.

Hope you can use the info.

~Frank

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2003, 02:42:23 AM »
but I'm going to do little fix into the next build.

I've decided to inform the users about the archive light corruptions (like invalid RAR header in EXE file - in fact, it's not official RAR-SFX installable format) - I think this idea is right so I don't prepare that fix.

fkj

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2003, 12:50:22 PM »
What do you mean? You want the report to say "invalid RAR header, files unpacked and scaned successfully", right? Or am I misunderstanding you?

~Frank

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2003, 08:04:55 PM »
Since some data can be behind rar archive in exe-sfx installable file, i'll not show error message if I don't find next file (exactly like in arj packer), this will be added to the new build. Thanks.

fkj

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2003, 08:22:22 PM »
Ok.

~Frank