Done
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »
Problem solved.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:42:19 AM by Deborah29 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: AVAST SCAM!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
Before posting, please check facts.
As has been explained many (and I do really many) times already, the phone support is NOT avast but a third company.

All post shown in the link you have provided are all false claims.
The posts there are all PEBKAC.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:38:19 PM »
  Yesterday i purchased  Avast premier , grimefighter and the vpn secure program . Also i want to say i am not on this forum to cause any problems to anyone and i would not have purchased the software then to come online in a forum and be a jerk or a troll or trouble maker in any way at all . I have found that the grimefighter program doesnt work and i will try to get a refund for this . Based on what i read in the forums here  that likely isnt going to be so easy to happen .
    Now i read this post by deborah29 which i find can cause a person  to worry  . Can anyone suggest to me if i made the right decision to purchase the anti virus program and secure vpn to help me put my mind at rest because going to the links that deborah 29 has posted in here , they look legit to me and i dont have any waY   to know if its true or false what is in the links that have been posted .  Can anyone please advise me.  Very possibly i am a person who is just not very trusting or i worry to much .
   I could start my own post on this issue of course but isnt it just easier for me to post in this forum  since my concern right now is about what   has been posted in here as far as the links go ?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:41:50 PM »
The first thing to remember is that if you have any problems at all ask in the forum first and foremost.  We have enough expertise here to fix most problems

Third party "help desks" generally are not, as all they are interested in is getting your custom.  The experts that they have generally know very little.  Avast fired the last lot and mayhap it is time they gave this lot the heave ho as well

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 10:42:20 PM »
No, not perhaps, they are.
All the complaints there are PEBKAC errors.

And what is your own experience with avast?
So far you only have said that you called a third party for support.

If you want help, start a topic in the correct forum and provide details.
Support for avast products is free.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:46:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice btw but i feel quite ok for having posting in here and i dont feel i broke any rules . Unless a forum administrator tells i have done something wrong  i will continue . And i am the kind of person who when i am told not to do something i feel is correct it kind of motivates me keep going . So i plan to make many many posts in this forum in this very thread simply because your trying to bully me into not doing so .
   Trust me i will post in this thread every day for now on  ok sir and thanks for the motivation to go against what you tell me

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
  Is there any other users who can help me to decide as to if i  made the right decision to to purchase this program and thanks in advance . And i hope ever so much i dont offend any more of the fanbois in here  . I am asking for help to decide if i should be trying to get a refund for the entire software i purchased and not just the grimefighter one

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 10:53:08 PM »
     For my own opinion if the links that were posted are false info then i would be fine with keeping the anti virus and secure vpn  and  thats my only concern  and i posted in here to get some advice 

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »
Let me be clear, my intention was not to cause problems either...but desperately seeking help. Let me ask you, if you go to Avast.com and you dial "customer support", how is a person supposed to know that they are dealing with a 3rd party representative? There is no disclaimer. 2nd, how is an individual who has never used this forum, supposed to know that their problems can be resolved through a "community forum"? Frankly, after my experience last week, I had no idea who I was talking to and from what department. I have been an AVAST user for 4 yrs and have always been very happy with the product. So much so, I have recommended it to many.

It was only when I received this expiration notice of a license that was not due to expire that these issues surfaced. I bear no responsibility for that notice and my frustration is in reaching out to customer support, not only did they not take responsibility, but it ended up costing me $300 for services I did not need. That is not just my opinion - the Total Support tech that did the troubleshooting, admitted that there were no issues that needed repair, recommended Customer Care and in fact - while he had remote access, typed in a text doc., what I should tell the Customer Care rep. when I talked to them the next morning. AND, in addition, the initial tech rep I worked with who took remote access, uninstalled the license for "Premier" service in which I had two months remaining, told me they had installed a new one for me. Then I find out while dealing with the other issue, the new license is the FREE license - not the one I've paid for and had two months remaining on my subscription!! 

While you may know how there customer support is operated, the average customer is not aware and after this kind of experience I don't think it's unreasonable to be angry and frustrated and to have  lost all confidence in AVAST and that their issue will ever be resolved.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:04:22 PM by Deborah29 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 11:01:54 PM »
No it is right that you bring this up otherwise Avast would go on its merry way assuming that all is sweetness and light.

My experience of Avast using it since way back when with V4 is that it is a good bit of kit and does what it is supposed to.  But, I have always used the forum if I experience anything untowards
  Is there any other users who can help me to decide as to if i  made the right decision to to purchase this program and thanks in advance . And i hope ever so much i dont offend any more of the fanbois in here  . I am asking for help to decide if i should be trying to get a refund for the entire software i purchased and not just the grimefighter one
If I came across like that then it was not intended. 

The antivirus and VPN are good, my personal opinion is that I will always clean my system manually rather that use an automated tool :) but that is just me

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:40 PM »

The only person who can tell you if you did the right thing in making the purchase is...you.
You are aware of the trial period to "try before you buy" option? ???

Something to keep in mind is the satisfied users very rarely post here on the forums. The ones who post usually have issues
to be resolved. Then there are the "trolls" whose only claim to fame is to post and post and post just to complain.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
  I should have made all my posts in here more polite and i do appologize if offended anyone .

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 11:07:13 PM »
Let me be clear, my intention was not to cause problems either...but desperately seeking help. Let me ask you, if you go to Avast.com and you dial "customer support", how is a person supposed to know that they are dealing with a 3rd party representative? There is no disclaimer. 2nd, how is an individual who has never used this forum, supposed to know that their problems can be resolved through a "community forum"? Frankly, after my experience last week, I had no idea who I was talking to and from what department. I have been an AVAST user for 4 yrs and have always been very happy with the product. So much so, I have recommended it to many. It was only when I received this expiration notice of a license that was not due to expire that these issues surfaced. I bear no responsibility for that notice and my frustration is in reaching out to customer support, not only did they not take responsibility, but it ended up costing me $300 for services I did not need. That is not just my opinion - the Total Support tech that did the troubleshooting, admitted that there were no issues that needed repair, recommended Customer Care and in fact - while he had remote access, typed in a text doc., what I should tell the Customer Care rep. when I talked to them the next morning. While you may know how there customer support is operated, the average customer is not aware and after this kind of experience I don't think it's unreasonable to be angry and frustrated and to have  lost all confidence in AVAST and that their issue will ever be resolved.

It would seem to be that it should all come down to whether you are calling a legitimate number to contact Avast.  If the number you're calling IS a LEGITIMATE  Avast CONTACT NUMBER and the call is then redirected to dubious 3-party representatives that are in the practice of deceiving the callers for monetary gain then because of the fact IT IS a LEGITIMATE Avast contact number it IS AVAST'S PROBLEM.

So with that in mind WHAT IS THE NUMBER YOU CALLED?

As a supporter of Avast and long term user I would be very happy to find out that Avast is not culpable in any way, which would seem to me easily proven either way.  The other question to ask is what entity is benefiting financially from this.  Even if we find out it is not directly Avast and 3-parties are to blame I would very much hope that Avast is not the one benefiting financially because if so there is a clear conflict of interest in that case which would also need to be addressed.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
Avast.com > Products & Support > Support> PC/Laptop Support Center. Here's a screenshot.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »
Okay, can you guys, that in all fairness would be the most knowledgeable about this, that is Eddy, essexboy and/or Para-Noid who have all posted here PLEASE HELP US OUT.

We all want to believe that Avast it totally above board and this is a new issue that has been brought up here that I have in all honesty have never heard before and would like to get to the bottom of it as we all should.

I've never used any contact numbers personally, but I've found a couple of websites that listed as what would appear to be "official" contact web sites.

1.) Help for AVAST users via "techer247.com" (which appears to be involving a 3rd-party.

2.) Online Support for Avast Antivirus via "support@technologister.com" (which also appears to be involving 3rd-parties)

So does Avast acknowledge these web sites as representing their company?

As we all know if the answer to this is "YES" then Avast as a business interest is legally and morally responsible for what they do?

If on the other hand they do not represent Avast, then it should be the responsibility of Avast to not only disavow these website but to legally shut them down as fraudulently misrepresenting them. 

I think any reasonably minded person could not disagree with any of what I've said, and if you do please explain where I'm wrong?
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.