Author Topic: Done  (Read 30111 times)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: AVAST SCAM!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 02:11:17 AM »
With all due respect and sensitivity for the issue/s being posted here, I personally, in all my readings here on the forum, have not read of anyone getting a refund without starting the process of submitting a "ticket for the refund"
Once the ticket has been submitted, it takes around 7-10 buisness days in general and posting the Ticket # here in this topic could work it faster. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 02:12:16 AM »
Ticket ID: #YCB-913-35103    there is my ticket for the refund i shall see when and if it goes through thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 02:13:20 AM »
I have submitted a ticket and posted the ticket, but I'll post it again. Thanks, not offended. Ticket ID: XTR-947-51502

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 02:15:07 AM »
Ticket ID: #YCB-913-35103    there is my ticket for the refund i shall see when and if it goes through thanks

Just an FYI, submitting additional info or other tickets will, I understand, move you back/.
Now you have done whats needed, Let the process take it's run and I will suggest all will work out as you hope.

Edit: Also keep in Mind, Pondus has also drawn attention to the issue
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:18:19 AM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 02:18:03 AM »
Thanks, Schmidthouse. That's about all we can do for now..unless one of you "evangelist" have some connections and can help resolve this mess.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 02:19:47 AM »
Thanks, Schmidthouse. That's about all we can do for now..unless one of you "evangelist" have some connections and can help resolve this mess.

You're welcome. :)
I can understand the frustration. Try to give it time, it's in the works I'm sure.

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 02:33:00 AM »
i uinstalled everything using the uinstall tool from the website in the safe mode but i have 2 computers on the wifi network at home and it has now messed up my network so that my second computer now cant connect to the internet  , nice indeed

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:17 AM »
it has now messed up my network so that my second computer now cant connect to the internet

Hi musicaz :)

Please start your own topic so we can help you.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 03:05:30 AM »
 thanks Deborah29  for your post in here warning people and as a result i uinstalled everything and put in for a refund .  Even though i feel not great that my internet now is all messed up on my second computer and cant connect to the internet anymore thanks to this  . it was for the best .

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 03:25:21 AM »
  Also  lakrsrool  thanks much for your kind words and suggestion to have kept the program since i payed for it and i would have done that except i get what debora is saying and kind of warns a person that at some point your going to get an email that your  avast  programs are going to expire which will be months before the actual expiration date which is apparently what has happened to her.  Then begins the fun and games part and they will want money to fix the issue and somehow you will pay more and get cheated as in the case of debora. And although i dont think this happens to a large portion of the users , for sure i absolutely believe debora and believe the links she posted at the beginning of this thread.  I totally believe that funny business is going on , and i would just not have any faith in having software on my computer that is made by a company that operates in this manner. I also get that many of you in here have had avast on your computers for years and are loyal and happy with the program and all has been good for you and you have not experienced what debora has had happen. So that in a sense your reluctant to even believe it and i cant say i really blame you guys for not believing . However i think you guys are wrong in your faith  and that debora is correct and truthfull about this thing that has been pulled on her and i also believe the links that she posted and i also used google and searched for more complaints and trust me there are tons and tons of them .
     I am 65 years old and have been using computers back to the commodore 64 era , even the atari falcon era and i have purchased as you guys can imagine tons and tons of sofware over many many years and i have never seen anything as sleezy and dispacable and greedy and ignorant as what debora has described . But i also get its going to be the new way with software corporations and giants and that i am some old timer who lived in a different era where corporations had some kind of honor and class and desire to give a good product and make money by producing what customers want and deserve. I realize those days are gone . This is the new era i live in and it doesnt help that the younger generations only seem to want to suck corporations assholes literally and cant stand anyone who demands service or a good product or even demands or expects not be literally cheated 

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 04:04:33 AM »
Musicz - you're very welcome. Thanks for your support. I wish you the best & hope that the outcome of all of this will be positive for you. At a minimum, perhaps some of the 454 views of this topic are people who will be alerted and avoid the experience we've had. I'll give it the time (approx 10 days) the experts in this post have suggested that it takes & hopefully Lakrsrool and others can be of some help. If nothing is resolved, if I don't get so much as a response from AVAST, be assured, I will pursue every remedy available to me. I may have cancer, but cancer does not have me. They've scammed the wrong person this time. Statistically, I should have been gone 4 yrs ago. This battle pales in comparison. I won't go down without a fight.  ;D

ps. Take screenshots or print the entire thread. This topic could easily "disappear".
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:43:38 AM by Deborah29 »

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:50 AM »
Hey,
that's a horrible experience! I'm working on improving this service for a while. As already said the Total Support is provided by agents who are contracted by Avast (not Avast employees) HOWEVER the HAVE TO deliver great service!
Thank you for notifying us about this case. We will take steps to resolve it. As you can imagine it's quite difficult to manage all the individual in the call center but such behavior in unacceptable.

thank you
Lukas
Head of Avast Support team

Quality is also a feature.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »
Lukas,

the problems with that call centre have been going on for many months and till now nothing has improved there.
In my opinion a good start would be removing their phone number from the avast website and point the people to this webboard for help instead.
Let that company feel it in their wallet !

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 11:06:43 AM »
And give us the tools to manage ( moderate ) this forum better !

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 02:47:55 PM »
Thanks Lukas.Hasik - I feel somewhat relieved that someone from AVAST has noticed this. If it is of any help, I have the names of the three representatives that I worked with. The woman from "Customer Care" refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor or manager, who might have the authority to resolve this, since she couldn't. She said she was the highest level of "escalation". I don't believe that unless she is also the CEO of AVAST, that there is no one in a supervisory capacity above her. The info on my bank statement is from Digital River. I researched them as well and found many of the same issues/complaints. They were acquired by a new investment group in October 2014. Eddy, is that when a lot of these problems you noted that had been ongoing for months started? Just providing as much info as possible. Also, if you will look at my post under the "Total Support" topic, you will find a numbered synopsis or steps (1-13) of my ordeal that might be of help. This thread contains attachments that support that my call was made to the customer support number on the AVAST.com website....not to some 3rd party tech support. Whether or not it was a 3rd party i reached, who used deception and scare tactics to dupe me into paying $300 for Total Support - I can't say, but unlike some of the reports in the "Rip Off" link, I called the number on the AVAST OFFICIAL WEBSITE!! And again, please note that the "auto reply" from Avast support to my "support ticket" provides a link for further inquiries. That link takes you right back to the page where the number is provided for Technical Support. Here is the link and attached is my email with   Ticket ID: #XTR-947-51502 https://support.avast.com   https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Ticket/View/XTR-947-51502
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:24:31 PM by Deborah29 »