Author Topic: Done  (Read 30015 times)

REDACTED

Re: AVAST SCAM!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
  That is also the number i called for tech support last night which was just after purchasing Avast Premier ,  Grimefighter , and Secure line vpn .  The grimefighter wouldnt work and right away telling this to the tech support person he offered to fix it but i would have to pay money for his services which i declined and hung the phone up .   Today i find myself in a  not very good mood about this and making posts in this forum and not understanding i guess that the real tech support is in the forum and i still have trouble to wrap my mind around that.    I purchased the software in good faith that i would be able to get tech phone support 24  7 and at least not have to pay money to get the software to work in the first place. .. I dont think i would have purchased this software if i knew that the real tech support was in the forums , because i dont like forums in the first place.  I feel the money i payed indicated that the tech support on the phone should be free . I dont like forums and dont want to be picked on because people may not like the way i phrase something if i am frustrated I think i am a nice person and i dont want to be bullied in a forum for stating my views my own way etc
    I dont mean to offend anyone but for the price of the software and you can only use it on one computer i dont get why i should have to pay for phone support . Sorry for saying this but i find the whole idea offends me However if the software is going to work i will likely only ask for a refund for grimefighter and i dont want tech support in a forum . THat just doesnt work for me . Already by the comments and what i feel i have already been bullied enough in this forum i dont think i will be able to post here anymore .
    I find you Avast Evangelist   or fanbois to be extremely rude, ignorant and arrogant and bullies . I just wonder if some of you realize that this kind of behavior only loses cusetomers and it doesnt get any new people who want to partake in your arrogance.  If i had taken the time to check this forum before i bought the software i would never have done so .
   If i can make a suggestion to the people who are in charge of this forum . Get rid of these trolls , they dont help anyone and being insulted ;; doesnt work for anyone , If you take the time read their commments thats mainly what they seem to be doing

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »
what IS THE NUMBER PLEASE (that you called)?
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
Lakrsrool I'm not saying I disagree with you, however, the first place I think many people  might go for legitimate support would be the AVAST website. As you can see in the screenshot I just posted, that's exactly what I did and the number I called for customer support, (chose the prompt for "technical support") is on this screenshot. Again, how would any unsuspecting individual who has no knowledge of these "3rd party" technical support services, know that is who they're speaking to?

Additionally, attached is another screenshot of the email reply I got from AVAST support after I submitted the "support ticket" on the same customer support page. The link they provided for additional support goes to that very same page. How much more documentation do you need to show that AVAST support is who I thought I was calling and AVAST is who responded to me?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:54:18 PM by Deborah29 »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 11:50:43 PM »
Lakrsrool I'm not saying I disagree with you, however, the first place I think many people  might go for legitimate support would be the AVAST website. As you can see in the screenshot I just posted, that's exactly what I did and the number I called for customer support, (chose the prompt for "technical support") is on this screenshot. Again, how would any unsuspecting individual who has no knowledge of these "3rd party" technical support services, know that is who they're speaking to?

Thank you for providing the number, this part of the page you extracted and copied is from this website: Avast Customer & Technical Support and if you or anyone else looks at this site it DOES HAVE AN AVAST LOGO on it, this should legitimize the site because anyone fraudulent site will find themselves in court before they know it if they fraudulently use a copyrighted logo to commit fraud.

And I would add that this specific site has been posted by MANY posters on this board as a legitimate Avast web site, in fact I've just recently been referred to this site by a very long time and well respected poster on this board.

So if THIS  is the site we are talking about then it is clearly an Avast "official" web site or certainly should be based on all the information available.

With that there are a lot of people on this board that owe an explanation if in fact this is the site that so many loggers are accusing of being a 3rd-party site that does not represent Avast.

The fact of the matter is the phone number that Deborah29 called would for all intents and purposes be an "official" Avast web site because that IS the number on the web site I referenced above.

Can the Avast EXPERTS on this board please explain?
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 12:04:09 AM »
  That is also the number i called for tech support last night which was just after purchasing Avast Premier ,  Grimefighter , and Secure line vpn .  The grimefighter wouldnt work and right away telling this to the tech support person he offered to fix it but i would have to pay money for his services which i declined and hung the phone up .   Today i find myself in a  not very good mood about this and making posts in this forum and not understanding i guess that the real tech support is in the forum and i still have trouble to wrap my mind around that.    I purchased the software in good faith that i would be able to get tech phone support 24  7 and at least not have to pay money to get the software to work in the first place. .. I dont think i would have purchased this software if i knew that the real tech support was in the forums , because i dont like forums in the first place.  I feel the money i payed indicated that the tech support on the phone should be free . I dont like forums and dont want to be picked on because people may not like the way i phrase something if i am frustrated I think i am a nice person and i dont want to be bullied in a forum for stating my views my own way etc
    I dont mean to offend anyone but for the price of the software and you can only use it on one computer i dont get why i should have to pay for phone support . Sorry for saying this but i find the whole idea offends me However if the software is going to work i will likely only ask for a refund for grimefighter and i dont want tech support in a forum . THat just doesnt work for me . Already by the comments and what i feel i have already been bullied enough in this forum i dont think i will be able to post here anymore .
    I find you Avast Evangelist   or fanbois to be extremely rude, ignorant and arrogant and bullies . I just wonder if some of you realize that this kind of behavior only loses cusetomers and it doesnt get any new people who want to partake in your arrogance.  If i had taken the time to check this forum before i bought the software i would never have done so .
   If i can make a suggestion to the people who are in charge of this forum . Get rid of these trolls , they dont help anyone and being insulted ;; doesnt work for anyone , If you take the time read their commments thats mainly what they seem to be doing

If that was the number you had called as well then there should NOT be anything wrong with that number.  And you're absolutely correct that you should not have to obtain a legitimate number exclusively through only a forum for obvious reasons.

I have posted above this as to how this website I linked has been very often represented on this board as a legitimate Avast web site and I might add the fact that an Avast logo exists on the website would legitimize it as well since as we all know it is absolutely illegal to use a copyrighted logo to falsely represent a company.

So you owe no apologizes in the least and allow me to extent my personal apologizes as it appears that you and the other poster did everything that would be expected of any one attempting to make legitimate contact with a company and in fact did so.

This board should not be an exclusive reflection of only loggers who are unwilling to honestly examine issues and with that however I'm sure you can understand how some feel an unyielding so to speak loyalty to a service that has most certainly served them well as it has myself included.  I have always through the years been a "loyal" supporter of Avast, but with that said I will always try and not let that get in the way of honest and fair debate as well as seeking out the real facts.  Probably something we should all strive for on this board, but then as a result of an exuberance for the product one can at least understand the tendency to defend a strongly held belief in something as well.

I would still really like to hear from some experts on this topic in order to offer an explanation and possibly even prove where I'm wrong as far as what appears to be the fact here.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:05:23 AM by lakrsrool »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 12:29:10 AM »
Once again, can anyone on this board including Eddy, essexboy and/or Para-Noid who have all posted in this specific topic offering strong allegations that now seem suspect PLEASE HELP US OUT?

We can't be blindly saying that this website Avast Customer & Technical Support that has the phone number that these posters called and at the same allege that these posters have been calling a 3rd-party scam number when as you all know it is a website that many if not all of the highly recognized posters on this board have either recommended or would at least have to honestly admit that it clearly is an officially recognized Avast web help site.

Please don't go off and hide.  I for one would like an explanation.  Some have been so sure that what is taking place is a 3rd-party scam that has nothing do do with Avast.  I would like to believe you are totally correct and welcome anyone to tell me where I'm mistaken here.  The website may very well be dealing with 3rd-party actors, but the fact remains as an "officially" recognized Avast help site clearly Avast assumes the responsibility of what transpires as a result of the website.  And alleging that these users are simply calling illegitimate SCAM numbers that do not represent Avast would clearly not be the case or if so then Avast has a lot of explaining to do unfortunately not to mention a few on this board perhaps.

That said, I'm afraid if all we hear is "silence" from this board at this point then the juries in so to speak and we have to at that point if not hold Avast accountable, at least try and have an open mind in order to acknowledge that things may not be all that some might want to believe (myself included) is the case after all.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:36:56 AM by lakrsrool »

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:35:09 AM »
Thanks for your patience, Lakrsrool. I understand the "Loyalty" part. I worked for GE Healthcare, and am sure that I might come across as "defensive" or rude in discussions regarding their equipment. I modified my latest post to also include a screenshot of the email I got from AVAST after submitting a "Support Ticket" from the page we're referencing. I'm not sure if you saw that one before your latest post. It shows a link they provide if I need further customer support and it's to this very same page. Please take a look, if you haven't seen it. This is also the page that the "customer care" rep told me to go to to submit the ticket and it was "Customer Care" that the Tech Support guy told me to call. Not only did he tell me to call, while he still had remote access to my computer, literally wrote & saved a text doc with the number and what to tell them!!  I'm attaching that as well. As I said, I've documented everything I can. $ 300 is a lot of money to me. I can't just let it go without using any remedies/resources I can find. thanks again. Please see attachment.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:43:19 AM by Deborah29 »

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
Sorry..Just an fyi.I also posted about this under "Total Support". "Pondus"  told me "relax it will be resolved". He also said he had pm'd someone. I'm sure you must know who I'm speaking of. If not you can go to that post and see. thx.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48:14 AM »
Thanks for your patience, Lakrsrool. I understand the "Loyalty" part. I worked for GE Healthcare, and am sure that I might come across as "defensive" or rude. I modified my latest post to also include a screenshot of the email I got from AVAST after submitting a "Support Ticket" from the page we're referencing. I'm not sure if you saw that one before your latest post. It shows a link they provide if I need further customer support and it's to this very same page. Please take a look, if you haven't seen it. This is also the page that the "customer care" rep told me to go to to submit the ticket and it was "Customer Care" that the Tech Support guy told me to call. Not only did he tell me to call, while he still had remote access to my computer, literally wrote & saved a text doc with the number and what to tell them!!  I'm attaching that as well. As I said, I've documented everything I can. $ 300 is a lot of money to me. I can't just let it go without using any remedies/resources I can find. thanks again. Please see attachment.

Please read my posts calling for accountability at this point from posters who have taken the adversarial position that you were allegedly contacting a SCAM 3rd-party outfit which had nothing at all to do with Avast.  While it may very well be a 3rd-party arrangement the number you called would certainly appear to be legitimate as it was provided to you from a well recognized legitimate Avast website very often referred to by many assisting on this board to those requesting help on this forum.

So you've done nothing wrong, on the contrary it would appear you've done everything right and as such I would like some kind of explanation why so many assumed that what you did was contact a 3rd-party SCAM organization that was not part of Avast.  The only thing we should be asking is why isn't Avast stopping this kind of activity regardless of whether it involves 3rd-parties or not since clearly Avast is clearly both legally and morally accountable for anything done under their brand name which certainly appears to be the case here.

As I said, I welcome anyone telling me where I've come to the wrong conclusion as I really do want to be proven wrong.  Absent that and I might add absent any response at all, then what are we to think?

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 12:53:17 AM »
Thanks for your patience, Lakrsrool. I understand the "Loyalty" part. I worked for GE Healthcare, and am sure that I might come across as "defensive" or rude in discussions regarding their equipment. I modified my latest post to also include a screenshot of the email I got from AVAST after submitting a "Support Ticket" from the page we're referencing. I'm not sure if you saw that one before your latest post. It shows a link they provide if I need further customer support and it's to this very same page. Please take a look, if you haven't seen it. This is also the page that the "customer care" rep told me to go to to submit the ticket and it was "Customer Care" that the Tech Support guy told me to call. Not only did he tell me to call, while he still had remote access to my computer, literally wrote & saved a text doc with the number and what to tell them!!  I'm attaching that as well. As I said, I've documented everything I can. $ 300 is a lot of money to me. I can't just let it go without using any remedies/resources I can find. thanks again. Please see attachment.

Don't know if you've already been here and done that, but I hope this helps.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=post;quote=1198618;topic=168618.15
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:01:35 AM by aztony »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 12:56:40 AM »
Sorry..Just an fyi.I also posted about this under "Total Support". "Pondus"  told me "relax it will be resolved". He also said he had pm'd someone. I'm sure you must know who I'm speaking of. If not you can go to that post and see. thx.

Yea I know Pondus, he's a very respectable poster as all who post here are really.  I think we can understand that all companies at times fail to do exactly the right thing.  I'd like to think this is the case here as well and there is really no reason not to reach the conclusion that technology can get messy at times.  So I'm sure it will eventually get resolved.

That said, what should not happen is to reach conclusions blindly and make allegations that turn out to not be true as far as concluding a 3rd-party SCAM is responsible in this case without looking into the situation in more detail.  For this I'm certain posters are sorry and of course I personally extend my apologizes for the rash conclusions drawn.  We can at the same time hope that Avast tries to do a better job in these regards going forward as well as it is clearly not good business practices to be doing some of the things you've experienced.  As Avast users we really only want what is best for Avast and all have a desire that Avast continues to be successful which in turn rewards the user with a better product.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 01:43:22 AM »
Exactly, Musicaz!! My story, my circumstances are almost identical to the reviewers on the "Rip Off" Report I started this post with. The one so easily dismissed as bogus and not credible. i find it very hard to believe that all of those individuals concocted a story, so similar to my experience. I think that you can see from the documents I've attached, I'm not concocting anything!!

Also, just to give you a little more background info. When I 1st got the red pop-up warning that my computer was unprotected, my license had expired...Just as many of those people stated, I went to my Avast program and it would not let me renew online....JUST LIKE THESE PEOPLE REPORTED!!  I did not create that pop-up and my license had NOT expired - it's good until May 25th! Or at least it was until the 1st "technician" uninstalled it and installed a free virus protection only...not what i had," because it wasn't allowing her to remotely access."...then you know the rest of story..THATS why I had to call support!!.

I did  a Google search "Avast customer support number"...and I immediately see at top of a search a number. I called. After explaining, he thought there were issues with my computer and needed to access. I was just about ready to hit the button, when I realized there was NO AVAST logo on the page!! I said "Wait, a minute!! How do I know you're legitimate"? He directed me to the BBB logo at top of page. Then I said, "but my computer's functioning fine, why do you need to access it?"..he gave me a snarky response...I knew it wasn't AVAST and hung up. See??? I'm really not that stupid!! I've attached a screen shot of that engine search as well. You'll see his "iYOGI" is the 1st listing and the one I called. Further down, you'll see with the lettering in purple the listing for https://www.avast.com/en-us/supportwhere I went to website > Products & Support> support> PC/Laptops>Support Center.. AGREE MUSICAZ!! Something smells really rotten about this!. Expert on the "Total Support" topic suggested that I report in the appropriate forum and use a "mature and respectful tone. And be specific". Perhaps, now some of you experts might understand my tone and my threats to report to NC AG, BBB, Social Media!!  He need not school me on "mature and respectful" comments and how much more specific can I be???!!  This also explains why no one I told at AVAST customer/technical support, seemed to be the least bit concerned about my experience with "iYogi". Even when I said "Seriously! This needs to be elevated and investigated!!"

Thanks, Aztoni - As you will see, if you look at the text document that the "technical support" person from number on AVAST site wrote, giving me instructions - that is the same number I called for "Customer Care" and it was Customer Care rep who told me that the 1st technician who gained remote access to my account was not a "technician" but was from the "sales" dept....therefore, I would need to open a "Support Ticket",which I did. That "sales" person, answered when I called the customer support number on the AVAST website and selected #2 prompt for technical support. (#1 is billing/sales support). She represented herself as a technician, took control of my computer, pointed out all of the indications that my computer was infected and convinced me to buy a $300 Total Support plan!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:26:52 AM by Deborah29 »

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 01:52:14 AM »
     I  actually want to get a total refund and delete the 3 programs from my computer , being , Avast Premier, Grimefighter , and Secure line vpn which i purchased yesterday and regret totally .  I am a retired person on a small pension and really can't afford to take the loss money wise . However i dont think putting in for a refund will get me a refund  judging from all the posts in this forum of all the users . My health is not great and i dont think i  want the strain of even trying to get a refund.
     I will likely just have to take the loss on this and accept the money is gone and there wont be any refund  for me and that its likely best to uninstall the software as who would have faith in it once a person realizes the truth .
    Sorry if i upset any of the nice people in here it was not my intent and i am just too old and wise to have faith in a situation like this which is crystal clear obvious as to what is going on ,. here.
     Too bad there wasnt just some phone number i could call and get my refund processed etc etc etc .

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 02:02:54 AM »
musicaz, if you've already paid then instead of giving up I'd just leave it on your computer unless it isn't working correctly.  If that's the case we can work with you on that.  But if you really want a refund then I'll pass this on to someone to see if that can be worked out as well.  I can understand a retired person on a fixed income and there is no reason you should give up and take a loss.

So let us know, if it's working then go ahead and keep it, is my personal recommendation as Avast is actually a good security application for your computer.  But if it's not working then what exactly is the problem?

But if all you want is a refund then pass this along as well and we'll see what can be done.

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:59 AM »
Lakrsrool - Can you help me get a refund for the $300 Total Support I used for ONE HOUR and did not need?  It's not like they're losing "inventory"!  I don't want to have to quit using AVAST but now that all of this has happened, I don't trust them. I'll research and if I can find virus protection that's equally as good, I'll eat the cost of my two months of protection I have left. Also, you may not recall that at the beginning of this thread I stated that I too am on a fixed income. In fact, I'm on permanent and total disability for a malignant, inoperable brain tumor!!. Prior to that I worked in product development with GE Healthcare and even hold a patent for a medical device. I'm not an idiot or a "troll" on here to cause problems! I'm desperately seeking a solution! I'm livid that I have been duped. I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to scams.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:27:26 AM by Deborah29 »