Author Topic: please stop putting "in app" purchases in paid versions  (Read 2957 times)

REDACTED

please stop putting "in app" purchases in paid versions
« on: March 27, 2015, 11:04:56 PM »
I've been an avast user for years now, i love how clean it is and silent but lately it has become more and more bloated, i am paying for premier yet i get ads on buying new programs?

Here i think oh nice a new cleaning program on the homescreen so i scan for whatever then i get greeted by a buy screen, not only that i also get asked to download the avast app for my phone, it's sortof like buying a brand new mercedes then on the dashboard is a frozen frozen dial when you press it you get told to buy it to activate it.

I am paying for premier and it's not cheap, i don't want to have inapp purchases even if they can be turned off, if you are going to put something in the paid version of premier the absolute highest most expensive version of avast then be sure to make it entirely free, personally i don't think anything thats not about the actual program should be in it you shouldn't be asked to like a facebook page or anything like that, you are paying the highest price possible for a antivirus program and you expect it to be dead silent and do what it's meant to do, sure bonus extras are always nice but then they have to be free.

thats how i feel as avast is becoming more and more bloated that i am considering switching to something silent again.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: please stop putting "in app" purchases in paid versions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:48 PM »
So you are using avast for years ?
Learn how to use it and what options it is offering the user.
You can disable the pop-ups in the settings as has been explained many times already.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 11:15:09 PM »
If you go to avast! UI > Settings > General > Popups > [untick] Show popup offers for the other avast products.

It is ticked by default in all versions of avast! and can only be turned off in paid versions.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:19:44 PM »
So you are using avast for years ?
Learn how to use it and what options it is offering the user.
You can disable the pop-ups in the settings as has been explained many times already.

I do know how to use it and i do know these options can be disabled, my point being they shouldn't be in a program you pay this much for as they are essentially ads, thats my opinion not much more i can say about that, avast was lovely but it is getting more and more bloated, i've been a avast user since the days it looked like a stereo and i always liked how clean and light it was, but that is changing so i am considering changing to an antivirus program that is just that an antivirus program, i am simply giving feedback hoping you'd take it into consideration and make premier a little more attractive in my eyes and not let it turn into a f2p game, but it's up to you if you want to take this feedback or simply hate it, i was annoyed by the fact that internet security the program i paid for knowing it was the best version suddenly became downgraded and i was being told to buy premier to unlock all options so i did, but the more bloated it becomes the less attractive it gets in my eyes

so take this simply as feedback.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:25:05 PM by zzcool »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:28:43 PM »
If you do know how to use it, why are you complaining ?
Simply disable the pop-ups.

Keep in mind that avast is a commercial company.
It is perfectly normal that commercial companies advertise other products they are selling.

Welcome to the real world.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:44 PM »
If you do know how to use it, why are you complaining ?
Simply disable the pop-ups.

Keep in mind that avast is a commercial company.
It is perfectly normal that commercial companies advertise other products they are selling.

Welcome to the real world.

Well because something paid is still being monetized, it bloats up the program and simply puts me off using it, i paid nearly 300 dollars for for it, so as a long time user i wanted to give some constructive feedback, but ok i see that the feedback is not welcome, it's a shame as i loved using avast, i still do but if i were to be honest i am considering switching it may not seem like much to you as these things can be turned off but they shouldn't be there in the first place it leaves a sour taste atleast in my mouth again i am just having an opinion.

is it too much to ask for a program that only does what you pay for? i mean look at microsoft security essentials what does it do other than protection? nothing what does the program have when you open it? a scan button and a settings button thats the avast i wanted.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:59:45 PM by zzcool »