Author Topic: configuring avast home  (Read 5280 times)

ThRaShEr

configuring avast home
« on: November 11, 2003, 01:52:30 PM »
Is there any possibility to avast remembers my default configuration? If I don't want to scan CD-ROM, Floppy,etc , how can I force it to remember those settings and not to uncheck those options every time I want to make a complete scan of my HDD?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:configuring avast home
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 02:32:16 AM »
Is there any possibility to avast remembers my default configuration? If I don't want to scan CD-ROM, Floppy,etc , how can I force it to remember those settings and not to uncheck those options every time I want to make a complete scan of my HDD?

If I'm not wrong, only avast! Profesional version allows this option (creating a task with defined area to scan)  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 04:22:05 AM »
on the Avast splash screen just select the nonremovable disk scan icon and don't worry about the removable media scan icon.   Another splash screen appears.  You can move the slider to from standard to thorough scan.  Then press the play button.  It will only scan your hard drives.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 04:24:32 AM by Culpeper »

techie101

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 05:53:45 AM »
ThRa...

If I understand you correctly, you want to scan you entire HD and do not want to change settings.  Well, you don't have too!
Avast Home will always check ALL local drives .
Moving the slider from Standard to Thorough does not affect what drives are scanned, but how deep Avast scans into files....
like a sensitivity control.

Even if you did check Removable media, unless you have them attached, Avast will not read them, and bypass that mode.

Good luck,
techie101

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 06:43:21 AM »
Thanks for clearing up the standard and thorough functions techie ;)

techie101

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 10:22:12 PM »
My pleasure.  Hope it helps ThRa.

techie

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2003, 01:39:28 AM »
ThRa...

If I understand you correctly, you want to scan you entire HD and do not want to change settings.  Well, you don't have too!
Avast Home will always check ALL local drives .
Moving the slider from Standard to Thorough does not affect what drives are scanned, but how deep Avast scans into files....
like a sensitivity control.

Even if you did check Removable media, unless you have them attached, Avast will not read them, and bypass that mode.

Good luck,
techie101

You may got the point... if this is what Th wants...
Good shot. Thanks techie.  ;)
The best things in life are free.