Author Topic: UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS SINCE UPDATING TO 2015.10.2.2215  (Read 8499 times)

Offline Endt

• Avast team
Re: UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS SINCE UPDATING TO 2015.10.2.2215
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 11:53:53 AM »
Hello sallyf,

it can take some time, especially when you check the full memory dumps option. (figure V here https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33) We don't need full memory dumps for this issue. You can also uncheck automatically send to Avast option and just generate it. Then Attach that file to an email or upload it somewhere and send it to me ;-).
At a very first sight it seems like there is an incompatibility issue with some other software. But i can't say more until we have the logs. :(

For the ticketing service, we are aware of the problem and we are currently working on making it better. Now your problem is being handled with QA department (me and my colleges) and we are directly in touch with our Developers (the guys who write the program). So don't worry please.

Have a nice day,
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 03:47:20 AM »
Hello Endt

My apologies for the delayed reply ... it took awhile but I have finally had success with the Support Tool in generating a file report ...  :) ... and as per one of your previous replies, I have sent it to the email address you gave.

Many thanks again for your assistance.

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »
Hello sallyf,

Thanks for the support package, it has arrived safely.
Unfortunately, we will need more information using this procedure:
-   Go to settings
-   General
-   Maintenance
-   Records
-   Tick the option "Turn on debug logging"

Now try to reproduce your problem and then, take the Mail.log file from C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log folder and send it to my email address.

Thank you,
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »
Hello Endt,

I have followed your instructions and sent the log plus message to you via your email address. Thank you.

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
Hey SallyF,

Thank you for the log, we got it. I have sent it to mailshield developer, who is now analyzing it.
Thank you for your time,

B.