Author Topic: UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS SINCE UPDATING TO 2015.10.2.2215  (Read 8534 times)

REDACTED

UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS SINCE UPDATING TO 2015.10.2.2215
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:15:50 PM »
Hello,

I am using the paid subscription Avast Internet Security 2015, and since installing the update to program version 2015.10.2.2215 this morning, I can only receive emails but not send any - and am receiving Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67.  I am using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail.

Not being particularly tech savvy, but needing to solve the problem as I had urgent emails to send, and with my service provider being unable to solve the problem, I decided to try and see if I could find a solution ...

In thinking the problem may be related to the Avast version update I tried the following:

Opened Avast >Tools > Firewall > Windows Live Mail >  and clicked Configure. In the Application Rules pop-up that opened, I found Windows Live Mail in the list, and clicked on Packet rules and disabled Internet Out. Amazingly I can now send and receive my emails ... but in my ignorance don't know if I have done the correct thing ???

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

REDACTED

Re: UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS SINCE UPDATING TO 2015.10.2.2215
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 02:30:07 PM »
Ironically seems to be one of things they fixed ? ....guess not.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=168376.0
I don't use Avast FW so hopefully expert will post on item.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
I'm using the free version but also cannot send mails from2 accounts through my outlook

421cannot establish SSL with SMTP server (irrespective if SSL is activated ot not) worked fine until about some days ago; withmyother address it's a different message
 Can anyone advise as the instructions for the repair help that was mentioned somewhere are not clear for non-techies

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:43:14 PM »
Unfortunately things have gone back to the way they were and again I can not receive emails - and I am on the latest update that was supposed to fix blocked Windows Live Mail connection.

I checked out the links to the other posts re problems and checked Trusted Rood Certificate Authorities\Certificates and do have the "avast! Web/Mail Shield Root".

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:48:34 AM »
Still having the problem of being unable to send emails from Windows Live Mail with update 2015.10.2.2215 installed. I didn't have the problem until this update and have had to do system restore to date prior to this update so as to send emails ...

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 09:36:46 AM »
Still having the problem of being unable to send emails from Windows Live Mail with update 2015.10.2.2215 installed. I didn't have the problem until this update and have had to do system restore to date prior to this update so as to send emails ...

If you're considering a "system restore to date prior to this update" for the specific purpose of getting the previous Avast version you might simply consider uninstalling this Avast version and installing the previous version that was working from an older version website.   This way the only thing you'd be changing is Avast, going back to a previous "restore point" might change other things that you'd prefer to keep and could create potential unintended issues.

There are many web sites providing older versions if that's what you want to do, here are FOUR all directed at Avast:
1) oldapps.com
2) filehorse.com
3) oldversion.com
4) filehippo.com

After downloading the older version of your choice then  do the following:

Download  Avast Clear Tool
Uninstall Avast by control panel.
Uninstall in safe mode using Avastclear.
check in device manager > view > show hidden devices: Uninstall anything related to avast with a yellow triangle.
Do a reboot.
Install the older version you downloaded from link above.
Do a reboot again.

Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 11:54:17 PM »
I updated to the latest version today and have no problem with receiving or sending with Windows Live Mail.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 05:51:14 AM »
Thank you for your advice lakrsrool - I had though done the restore before seeing your reply ... thankfully there doesn't seem to have been updates of other sorts in that time frame. Afraid I am unsure of doing too much in relation to removing new version and downloading an older one ...  but what I have done for a temporary fix is to again download the latest update and disable the Avast Mail shield when I need to send an email ... not ideal I know ... but until I can get the problem sorted out it will have to do. Hopefully my Avast support ticket will get answered at some stage and they can help. If I don't hear from them in the next day or so I will have to get a computer technician in to see what he can do ... as I just don't feel competent enough to be doing too much myself ... :( ...

Has anyone any comment about using the Avast Online help where an outsourced overseas technician requires to take control of your computer to help? I was a bit worried about doing so - though in desperation did ... but when I politely queried the technician about what he was doing he became very annoyed and just hung up on me ... which didn't give me my faith in the service.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:52:55 AM by sallyf »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
Problem reported to Moderator. Let's see if that gets a response. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 02:16:43 PM »
Thank you very much bob3160.

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 06:09:31 PM »
Hi there,

thanks for the report! To find where the problem is, we will need some information. The easiest way how to provide it to us is to use Avast support tool. (info about it and how to use it - https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33). Send the package through the interface to use (there is an option for it) and then post the package id here, please :)

Hope to hear from you soon,
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 08:52:27 AM »
Hello Endt - thank you for your advice it is much appreciated ... I downloaded the Avast Support tool and ran it.  When I first ran it, it showed no problems, and then although I tried several times to upload the support file it would not send. With a later attempt it failed to run at all.

As the above did not work, and with my support tickets to Avast still unanswered,  I had to get a computer technician to have a look and he has overcome the problem by going to: Avast > Settings > Active Protection > Mail Shield > Customize > SSL Scanning ... and removing mail servers from there.

Again, probably not the ideal solution, but the best possible one for the present ... and Windows Live Mail is now sending and receiving all my emails ... touch wood ...  :).

Offline Endt

• Avast team
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »
Hi,

it isn't very fine solution, but fortunately you are able to use your mail again :) Would you mind giving the tool a second shot? You can try to send it to us using the tool, or just generate it and send it to me (endt_at_avast.com). As we are very interested to see whats going on.

Thanks!
B.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 07:16:19 AM »
Hello Endt

I have made several more attempts at generating/uploading the Avast Support Tool result but still with no success.

It is also now four days since submitting my first support ticket but still no reply - I am not sure what the 'normal' time frame is for support ticket replies, but I would have thought that in having a paid subscription I would hopefully had some sort of reply by now?

I have attached two screenshots

Many thanks again