Author Topic: Automatically move to chest??Help!  (Read 2198 times)

j.u.s.t.i.n.a

Automatically move to chest??Help!
« on: October 12, 2005, 05:26:32 PM »
Hey, is it possible to have the viruses/torajans/adware automatically move to the chest whe they are detected? Cause otherwise I have to sit and wait for it to detect one and then click on "move to chest"! Whcih is kinda annoying (lol). So does anyone know if that can be done??   Let me know.
Thanks in advance :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Automatically move to chest??Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 05:38:51 PM »
Sure you can. It is explained in the manual as well as many other threads on this board.
Please use the search option before asking.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Automatically move to chest??Help!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:51:53 PM »
These advanced automated options are only available in the Pro version.

You only have a limited option in the Home (free) version, to send the infected file to the virus Chest (silent mode, with general answer no). My own feelings on this is you should use the default interactive action. This way you know exactly what is going on with your system. If you are getting so many warnings, that you want to automate this process, I believe you should review your security practice.

See the avast help file, Resident Protection: Standard Shield Provider Settings - "Advanced" Page.
Leave the file in the chest for a week or two (it can do no harm from there) to ensure no adverse effect from being moved to the chest. Then scan the file again in the chest to ensure it is still detected as infected and if so delete it from the chest.

Security Review
If you are regularly getting these infected emails, so as to be intrusive and not wanting to be notified about them, perhaps it is time to review your PC security.

Whilst browsing or collecting email, etc. if you get infected then the malware by default inherits the same permissions that you have for your user account. So if the user account has administrator rights, the malware has administrator rights and can reap havoc. Wit limited rights the malware can't put files in the system folders, create registry entries, etc. This greatly reduces the potential harm that can be done.

Check out the link to DropMyRights (in my signature below) - Browsing the Web and Reading E-mail Safely as an Administrator.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security