Author Topic: ridiculous customer support ticket time  (Read 2901 times)

REDACTED

ridiculous customer support ticket time
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:00:22 AM »
On the 28th of February I created a ticket about the pricing of Avast.
I found out when I recently purchased a license as renewal, that for new users the very same license was cheaper.

I send a ticket on the 28th, when I didn't had a response I created another ticket on the 15th of march.
Not it's 29th of march and now I get an automated reply that has nothing to do with my original ticket.

I though the ticket system was broken when I didn't receive an answer in a week, I tried calling them using skype but that doesn't work either.
Although my ticket isn't that critical ,the fact that paying customers have to wait a month before there ticket is even replied to with an automated copy-paste that isn't even related makes me very furious.

I am posting here to let other users know that when you file a ticket with Avast be aware that you will receive no timely response, which is a really big mistake for system critical tickets.
When I used avast in the past I always got a reply within 48 hours, I don't know whats going on with Avast but I am thinking about taking a different anti-virus software next year.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: ridiculous customer support ticket time
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:05:52 AM »
What is the ticket ID number and I will try to attract some attention to it ?

Whatever you do from now - don't submit multiple tickets this can actually slow the process as the tickets are dealt with in a first in first out basis. So for now don't update or submit further tickets - refunds can take up to ten working days to be handled.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

The ticket number is: # NQN-995-30427
It's not a refund request.
The reason I created a second ticket is because it didn't get answered after 2 weeks, I don't think 2 weeks is a normal response time so I figured there was something wrong with the ticket system.

I will keep responding to this thread about the result of the ticket though ,really curious how Avast will respond.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »
I have now tried to attract some attention to the topic and your query.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 06:03:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

The ticket number is: # NQN-995-30427
It's not a refund request.
The reason I created a second ticket is because it didn't get answered after 2 weeks, I don't think 2 weeks is a normal response time so I figured there was something wrong with the ticket system.

I will keep responding to this thread about the result of the ticket though ,really curious how Avast will respond.

Yes, frankly any reasonable person would, given most response time with Internet interaction is typically 24-48 hrs!
As for the bogging down of the Process due to repeated duplicate tickets, Avast it's Unreasonable to think a person wouldn't back track their steps and check to see why no response after 2 weeks!?? ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:00:24 PM »
I have now tried to attract some attention to the topic and your query.

A response has come back, quoted below.

Quote from: moroni
This ticket was already responded first on 29 March and then on 30 March, through our ticketing system. Regards.

@ Selvator
Have you checked your Support Ticket to see what the response was ?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »
Thanks for the responses and help.  :)

I did indeed receive a reply.
Avast has solved this very well, they gave me an extra discount for my license.
so the matter is resolved, I hope in the future Avast will be a bit faster with there responses though  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »
You're welcome.