Author Topic: 60% loyalty discount offer. Fine plan - poorly executed.  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
60% loyalty discount offer. Fine plan - poorly executed.
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
There's a glitch with this offer I received today.

Clicking the circled 'x' in the top-right area doesn't close the page. It takes you to your Shopping Cart in the Avast Store.  ::)
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: 60% loyalty discount offer. Fine plan - poorly executed.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:09:44 PM »
Yes seems awkward,  however 1 year of Pro protection for $20 Bucks is a good price/value! ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 07:08:12 PM »
There's a glitch with this offer I received today.

Clicking the circled 'x' in the top-right area doesn't close the page. It takes you to your Shopping Cart in the Avast Store.  ::)

I have had that offer a couple of times, on my XP Pro and win7 systems and both closed successfully using the X.

Not sure why yours didn't, I just wonder if the whole window, with the exception of the X is an activation, if so you would have to be pretty accurate with the mouse cursor.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 12:57:05 AM »
I have had that offer a couple of times, on my XP Pro and win7 systems and both closed successfully using the X.

Not sure why yours didn't, I just wonder if the whole window, with the exception of the X is an activation, if so you would have to be pretty accurate with the mouse cursor.
I've run into that several places, where if you're not dead-on the X when you click, it's read as clicking inside the window instead, with predictable results.  Not much fun for those of us with less than perfect eye-hand coordination, or with hands that aren't rock-steady.

For some reason it seems to occur more frequently (for me) in 7 than it did under XP ... I'd guess the default settings for the mouse drivers have changed.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »
Follow up

1/. Guess what! The 60% discount has today grown to 70%. (Lucky I didn't accept the first one!)

2/. The price is good. The problem for me is that I already have more valid AIS licenses that I can't fully utilize due to incompatibility of some of its components with the OS and hardware of the machines.

3/. The 'x' doesn't work in any conventional manner. Hovering over it changes it from a pointer to a hand but clicking always takes you to the shopping cart no matter how precise you are at locating it.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »
I don't know if the fact that I don't have the avast store as an option in the avastUI (I unchecked that option a long time ago), so I don't if that might have an impact in not being able to open the shopping cart. Though that said, I have clicked some other options/offers to capture images and that worked taking me to a cart of sorts within the UI.

Currently I have silent/gaming mode enabled, so I'm not getting any popups or offers, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security