Author Topic: Avast Enterprise - Client database updates  (Read 3183 times)

REDACTED

Avast Enterprise - Client database updates
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »
I'm new to the AEA console so maybe I'm missing something here. But when clients try to update their database aren't they supposed to pull that from the local server? All of my clients are constantly hitting http://su.ff.avast.com/r/...........  So I'm assuming it's pulling it's updates from the web rather than the local server.  Or is this just normal behavior?
Do I have to setup "Client-side Updating Tasks" in order for these to pull updates from the server?

REDACTED

Re: Avast Enterprise - Client database updates
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:36:24 PM »
There are three things I would check:
1)Is the 'Avast! Enterprise Mirror HTTP Server' service running?
2)Yes, I would setup a Client-Side Updating Task and set a schedule for it.
3)In the AEA, right click on the 'Computer Catalog' (Assuming you use a single rule set for all clients) and select properties.
     Navigate to the Policies: avast! Antivirus tree and select 'Updates'
       Ensure the following settings are correct:
         Update From: EAS
         VPS Update: Auto
         Program Update: <up to you>
         [X] If mirror is unreachable, update from the internet (I don't recommend disabling this to fix your issue, as you want valid definitions regardless of how they are obtained)

You could also check the following, but I'm pretty sure these settings are meant for secondary mirror servers...:
4)In the Computer Catalog Properties, check that the  'Policies: Mirror" settings are correct.
       -Mirror From: EAS
       -Auto mirror every: 30 Minutes

If you are still getting updates from the internet, then I think you need to start troubleshooting communication between the clients and the EAS.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:38:56 PM by VincentArriola »