Author Topic: HQ, abort this mission - Error.  (Read 2510 times)

REDACTED

HQ, abort this mission - Error.
« on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
Dear Avast,

I have tried to run Grimefighter using my 3 PC licence on my Windows 7 personal edition computer and I get the following message;

HQ, abort this mission.
We can't run GrimeFigher on this computer. Either we can't find any active Windows installations or your drives are encrypted.

I have tried to look on the forums for advice on this, but they have seem to be rather uninformative, other than to submit a ticket. Hence, I am sending a ticket for suggestions on fixing this so that Grimefighter can run? (even if you have a download to put onto USB and boot Jumpstart from USB without damaging the Windows file system), or if defeat is admitted and a full refund is made. I only agreed to purchasing the license after reading mixed reviews and decided to purchase the 3 PC license so I can use it on my other machines as well the the machine I have which as Avast Free running.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: HQ, abort this mission - Error.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »
Your post doesn't make much sense.

1]
The amount of licenses you have for the avast av has nothing to do with GrimeFighter.
It is a separate product and if you (fully) want to use it you will need a license for it.

2]
Did you run the free scan tool ?
https://www.avast.com/grimefighter

3]
The forums on this webboard do have a lot informative information.
If you where not able to find it, you should improve your search skills.

REDACTED

Re: HQ, abort this mission - Error.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »
Dear Eddy,

I do appreciate you putting in the time to reply to me. As such, I'll re-write my message to address the areas that seem to lack much sense.

Your post doesn't make much sense.

1]
The amount of licenses you have for the avast av has nothing to do with GrimeFighter.
It is a separate product and if you (fully) want to use it you will need a license for it.

The license that I am referring to is the license for Grimefighter. It is now possible to have multiple licenses on grimefighter. According to reviews by pcmag http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457784,00.asp, one of the disadvantages was no multi licenses. This looks like it has changed because I had the option to purchase licenses for 3 machines. To me, that is a multi-license.  Therefore, to clarify, I am referring to ONLY the license for Grimefighter.

2]
Did you run the free scan tool ?
https://www.avast.com/grimefighter
On the machine for which I am having problems on, yes, I ran the free scan tool (grimefighter.exe), as administrator. and why did you ask? what was the reason for asking this???
3]
The forums on this webboard do have a lot informative information.
If you where not able to find it, you should improve your search skills.
Although this comment seems to be a bit offensive, it is quite understandable when there are people that troll forums. Unfortunately, the last time I used a forum, extensively to search for answers and solutions was almost 10 years ago. Perhaps forums have changed because  results from the searches of the following;
"HQ, abort this mission", "drives are encrypted", "can't run Grimefighter" just do not provide any useful and up to date information. perhaps you would like to shed some light on how to improve my search skills. Are there tutorials out there to update my skills on the every expanding WWW, with the particular focus on forums, especially on the avast forums for one of their newer products of Grimefighter?

typically many solutions seems to point towards a refund, and this is why I have included that into the post, as well as the message in my support ticket.

I hope this information has now helped make my thread more readable, and that it makes some sense now. If so, some assistance on this matter would be useful.