Author Topic: Total Support Failure (Problem resolved. Thank you for the help.)  (Read 3528 times)

REDACTED

Hello. It's been two business days since I've submitted a problem to your support team. The issue is actually three business days old if I count calling your technical team, but person who answered that call (XXXX) directed me to contact your billing number... which told me via automated bot to use your support website.

Issue is Order #11061174847. Trouble Ticket is #YZJ-314-55356.

The problem is that I renewed 3 expired licenses of Avast Internet Security for a 2 year subscription. However your system did not update the 3 PC licenses that were expired. Your support representative (XXXX) told me this:

Thank you for contacting Avast.

Based on our records, your licenses are as follows:

Mar/06/2015 -- Avast Internet Security -- 3PCs -- Exp: Mar/06/2018 (3 years)
Mar/28/2015 -- Avast Internet Security -- 3PCs -- Exp: Mar/06/2020 (5 years?)

Looks like you currently have a 6PC license(s) in total with one of them exceeding the 3 year threshold? both license are running in parallel and both are active; one is not supposed to replace the other.

That is not what my Avast accounts shows. I provided XXXX with a screenshot that shows my Avast account still indicates a set of licenses as expiring two weeks ago. I can't use those and three of my computers are still expired. My home network has 6 computers protected by Avast: I should have a total of 6 Avast licenses.

Your tech support tells me this is a billing support issue. Your billing support has stopped communicating with me. I am now desperately moving to your forum for assistance. When tech and billing fail to resolve an issue, where do I go next for help?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:41:18 PM by nargrakhan »

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Total Support Failure (Need Assistance for Solving Problem)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
Hi nargrakhan,

I see that you have already got a response to your ticket. Please note that we work on First In-First Out system, and each new response moves your ticket back to the end of the queue. To avoid unnecessary delays, please do not send "follow up" messages.

Cheers.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 03:29:54 PM »
Hello again:

I did as you said. After replying to the response I got from your billing support, I did not "follow up" with any additional messages.
It has been two business days and I did not get a response.

Question: Is it normal for your billing support to not reply within 48 hours? Within 72 hours?

My concern is that if the problem I am having is not resolved, I am forced to wait until next week, as your billing team does not work on weekends. I will then have gone over one week without Avast support for 3 of my computers. Is the problem I am having that difficult to resolve? It seems all your billing staff has to do, is manually modify the expiration date of my expired licenses.

I've already paid for the three additional licenses, sent multiple messages/screenshots outlying the issue in detail, and yet it's been unsolved for over 5 days. Is there someone else other than XXXXX on your billing team who can look at my problem and resolve it? I have zero confidence in XXXXX, given his inability to fix the issue after so many correspondence and time.

Thank you for any assistance. I feel Avast is an outstanding product... however my recent experiences does not extend so fondly for your billing support. Indeed I think the only reason why I got a response two days ago, is because someone on the forum got their attention to at least pretend to care.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:16:44 PM by nargrakhan »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »
I will try to get some attention to this.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
Hi again,

I've checked it and your ticket was replied on 1st April, at 13:29 CEST , you replied at 13:48 CEST and then we responded again at 14:35 CEST requesting your confirmation for the proposed solution, as there was a minor misunderstanding on the original proposal, but you haven't replied since then.

Could you please check your ticket once more and to reply to our last message, in order to solve your problem?

PS: Could you please edit your messages and to remove the name of the representative that's been working on your case? I don't see a reason why such sensitive information should be on a public forum. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:12:11 PM by moroni »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 04:34:41 PM »
Hello:

Hmm.. that is incredibly strange. I did not see a response to my last reply this morning... and I checked from more than one terminal, so it can't be a browser cache issue. Honestly my response in the last message to billing support was basically a, "I don't care anymore just do anything to get it to work," kind of answer. The whole issue has been that frustrating.

Regardless, my intention was to never post sensitive info... just prove this is an authentic trouble ticket and not some crazy person looking to cause trouble. I have removed names as instructed.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 04:38:09 PM »
Uhm, we didn't receive that message. Sorry about it.

Anyhow, I see your license was updated to protect 6 PCs, did you receive it? It should appear on your Avast account also within 24 hours.

My apologies for the frustration and inconveniences :)
If anything else is needed, please let me know.

Cheers!

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »
Hello again:

Avast protection is working again for all my computers. My sincerest thank you to everyone involved in getting my problem fix.

I have nothing but praise for Avast products, and getting the issue resolved restores my faith in your support team.

I look forward to continuing all my computer protection needs with Avast.  :)