Author Topic: can I control what it removes?  (Read 2758 times)

REDACTED

can I control what it removes?
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:30:16 PM »
hello,
when I launched grimefighter, and when the scan ended, it came up with this  image:
can i click the three left "arrows" to view, and select/unselect problems to clean (if one happened to be not a problem, or something the user want to keep)?
thank you for reading!

REDACTED

Re: can I control what it removes?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »
As far as I know there is no way to get this information.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:51:22 PM »
Hello liam,

Yes, you can select what you want us to clean or not.  The product at the point in your screenshot, is still not licensed.  You can't run a clean of your PC until you buy it.  Once you buy the product and click "optimize my PC" it will boot (restart) into Linux and run through the cleaning of your PC.  At the end of that, you are able to see a console of what was found and you can customize items so they won't be cleaned if you wish.  At the moment, this is the only way of customizing/selecting what to clean/not clean.

However, we are going to release a new version of GrimeFighter in a couple months that will show you all the details up front.

Hope this helps,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:51:57 PM »
I mean, it might also be possible to change the algorithms:
when this screen appears, all "problems" have been listed.
why can't they ask the user what to keep in the "to_wipe_out_list" before the next bit?
(PS: if this is in fact the var name in the source code, that is a coincidence)
thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »
thank you davidek!
the fact that I don't have the license trapped me because I thought it will have blocked me earlyer

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 07:28:10 AM »
Be VERY careful what you remove. The current version of GrimeFighter flags up startup entries for graphic drivers etc, which may (if you disable them) prevent Windows from starting or displaying properly. >:(